Tennis Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
It is nice to see both woman at the same table during the players party! Think there is a huge level of respect between these two!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised by Kim's level...hope she can stay injury free because she's definitely gonna win matches and make life difficult from many, many players on the tour.... what a start!!

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
Lol. These comments got me weak..."if she's fit" "she needs to lose some weight and she will slay"

She's 36, mother of three and has always had a voluminous, full figure, even when she was at her fittest. I don't think her body will get much better at this point.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
It wouldn't matter as she'll never win more slams than Serena in her lifetime. You lot need to stop mentioning Serena and be glad Kim has made yet another comeback. Let's see how long she lasts this time. Even if she bags a few more slams once the going gets tough expect Kim to throw in the towel again. lol
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sneaky:

·
Registered
53,380 Posts
Wonderful to have Kim back! :love:

Her groundstrokes and movement are still impressive ♥
The serve was too weak and seemed like the biggest difference.

Kim was rusty in the first set.
Then she played a very close 2nd set.

For sure a promising start :D
To play such a close match against the AO finalist. After such a long break. Respect !

But I hope Kim will work on her fitness.
An area she must improve. Especially if she wants to go deep in tournaments.

Excited to see her improvement in the next tournaments.
I hope she will have more luck with the draw then.

·
Registered
53,380 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
exactly right. She’s effectively had what, an 11 year career?
My favorite stats of the moment: Kim Clijsters played the final of the 2001 French Open the day after she turned 18. Counting qualifying tournaments, Muguruza (age 26) and Elina Svitolina (age 25) have played more French Open tournaments than Kim Clijsters.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts