Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a win for Beth! Looks like the win yesterday was just what she needed to get some traction in Singles again. Outstanding scoreline against Top 100 opposition really!

·
Registered
52,355 Posts
maybe Ajla's loss wasn't that bad after all... ;)
well done, BMS
Flipkens on the other hand... had won twice against BMS previously so I didn't really expect such a beatdown..

·
Registered
84,345 Posts
Really impressive two matches from BMS!

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Deserves its own thread, couldn't wake up to a better result than this.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
?

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
^ some of these new smilies are way too small.

·
Registered
43,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. Good for BMS! It's always been a mystery to me how she never had a more successful career in singles.
At the end of the day I always found her technique off the ground too wonky and if she could not get forward it was always difficult for her to hold her ground against Top 50 level players.

·
Registered
24,081 Posts
At the end of the day I always found her technique off the ground too wonky and if she could not get forward it was always difficult for her to hold her ground against Top 50 level players.
For whatever reason I think her shot selection has always been bad too. It's like she has too many options.

·
Registered
43,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For whatever reason I think her shot selection has always been bad too. It's like she has too many options.
That possibly too. A great arsenal but without the perfect technique execution was always gonna be difficult. But she is just a pleasure to watch when she is confident and attacking.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The timing of her knee injury was so unfortunate career wise - she was playing really well and had a chance to make the 4th round of a slam. Wondered with her age whether she would be able to build momentum again, but not shocking to see her put out some quality matches. She has talent even if she has gotten many WCs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts