Tennis Forum banner

Who Will Win This Match

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no love loss between these two competitors. Myskina was quoted as saying that she wants a shot at Hingis because she doesn't think Martina is anything special. Hingis will surely want to prove Myskina as nothing special and undeserving of being a French Open Champion, a title that has eluded Hingis.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
i think hingie will take this, although you definitely can't count out a scorned nastya...i think this will be one of hingis' more intense and close matches since her comeback, but i see her toughing it out in 3 sets

·
¡Davai!
14,076 Posts
Well I love hingis but..................Nastya is better player

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
so it isn't a showdown this time? :shrug:
too tight to call. but i think martina would pull through. :(

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Dani dementieva said:
Well I love hingis but..................Nastya is better player

ROTF! DEATH!

Are you serious? Nastya is Hingis-lite, minus the anticipation and mental strength.

Not only has Hingis played better than Nastya this year, Nastya really doesn't have weapons to challenge Hingis at this point IMO. Hingis' serve power has improved, and she will have no problem with Myskina's. Nastya's groundstrokes are almost as inconsistant as Sania's, and not as hard. 6-4 6-3 for Hingis I think.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Nastya :hearts:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I can't wait for this match. I'd say Myskina will take it. Martina is making great progress with every single match she plays but right now I'd say Myskina is a level above her.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
dav abu said:
I can't wait for this match. I'd say Myskina will take it. Martina is making great progress with every single match she plays but right now I'd say Myskina is a level above her.

Can you PLEASE say why? I don't see how any person who's watched tennis for the past year can say that Myskina is a level above Hingis. Compare their results this year, and Hingis wins. Look at their best wins, and Hingis wins. Look at match stats, Hingis wins. Nastya's played awful for the last year, so HOW can she be a levle above Martina? Please. :p

·
Banned
13,295 Posts
I like both players , but this time I prefer Nastya

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Ryan said:
ROTF! DEATH!

Are you serious? Nastya is Hingis-lite, minus the anticipation and mental strength.

Not only has Hingis played better than Nastya this year, Nastya really doesn't have weapons to challenge Hingis at this point IMO. Hingis' serve power has improved, and she will have no problem with Myskina's. Nastya's groundstrokes are almost as inconsistant as Sania's, and not as hard. 6-4 6-3 for Hingis I think.
Some of your sentences made me laugh :D
Have you ever seen Nastya play? WHEN HER HEAD IS READY FOR TENNIS Nastya has anticipation, an amazing fighting spirit and can have very consistant groundstrokes!!
But once again it's all a matter of state of mind

BTW I'm not sure she'll win again Hingis :tape:

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
frenchie said:
Some of your sentences made me laugh :D
Have you ever seen Nastya play? WHEN HER HEAD IS READY FOR TENNIS Nastya has anticipation, an amazing fighting spirit and can have very consistant groundstrokes!!
But once again it's all a matter of state of mind

BTW I'm not sure she'll win again Hingis :tape:

Yes I've seen her play, and I'm a big fan of her. And my post wasn't meant to discredit Nastya's chances, because anything can happen in tennis and if she plays like she can she could win. I was just wondering how someone could say that Nastya was playing better than Hingis at this point, since it's clearly not true.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts