·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Domi :sad:..Perhaps she's still sick :sad:

Vesnina :eek:...Well deserve QF after bagelling Kuzzie :drool:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Vesnina has a very good game (according to her rank). Really deserves a place in the quarterfinal. Next: Jankovic???

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
For whatever reason it was all downhill for Domi after holding for 5-0 1st set. :shrug:

She got up 40-0 on Vesnina's serve at 5-0 1st set but failed to break. Domi was 40-15 at 5-3 1st set but got broken. She was down 15-30 on Vesnina's serve at 5-4 but finally finished the set at 40-30.

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
She's been classified as an underachiever for the past three or four years, so maybe this could be a breakthrough? ;)
By whom?

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i could become a fan of vesnina if she keeps beating players i don't like lol

·
Registered
25,828 Posts
Maybe not by you, but Vesnina has always shown promise. She reached the 4R in her first slam in 2006 and that year was a real breakthrough. She hasn't been able to deliver the past few years; I don't know the reasons for that though. This season has started out promising though :) I think she's 9-2 for the year :)

·
Registered
114,792 Posts
That's too bad for Domi. Elena's run now probably ends against Jankovic, but one of her best weeks.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
^ i know it doesnt really compare to her single match, but i was watching vesnina playing dubs against danka at the AO and she was pretty imo, if not 'pretty good' than, she was def alright, hit some good shots.

but poor domi :bigcry: she HAD a freaken bagel! well practically anyway :sobbing: i hope she's alright injury-wise n' all :hug:

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
soz for the double post. gotta admit, it was a great effort by vesnina to come back from almost getting bagelled in the 1st set to win the 2nd set quite comfortably, then have a nice lead in the 3rd set before domi retired :(

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
too bad Dominika. But you'll bounce back.

Congrats Elena. Great year so far. Good luck against Jankovic or Kanepi.

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Doesn't surprise me, Elena was stunning in Auckland. When her serve goes in and she can get her baselinestrokes going deep and hard she is very dangerous.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Domi :hug: Vesnina :yeah:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts