Tennis Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

Registered
randomly found ASB Classic entry list here http://www.voxy.co.nz/sport/5/355710

so I have my answer and it's Adamczak/Srebotnik to start the year ....

Johanna Larsson and Caroline Dolehide
Renata Varocova and Lara Arruabarrena
Desirae Krawczyk and Vania King
Alexa Guarachi and Kaitlyn Christian
Makoto Ninomiya and Nao Hibino
Viktoria Kuzmova and Yana Sizikova
Katarina Srebotnik and Monique Adamczak
Luisa Stefani and Hayley Carter
Catherine McNally and Cori Gauff
Asia Muhammad and Taylor Townsend
Arina Rodionova and Jessica Moore

#GloballyEli
Alla Kudryavtseva has just announced on her FB page that she is partnering Katarina Srebotnik 馃槉 First tournament for them will be St.Petersburg (y)

Registered
randomly found ASB Classic entry list here http://www.voxy.co.nz/sport/5/355710

Asia Muhammad and Taylor Townsend
I'm slightly surprised that Townsend hasn't teamed up again with Paige Hourigan. They were runners-up this year to Bouchard and Kenin, looked to work well together, and have been friends for ages. They had hoped to play other tournaments together, but Hourigan's low singles ranking, although it is gradually climbing, has always been a problem when trying to find a way into any WTA tournament. She will get a wild card into Auckland if needed, but she can't rely on that anywhere else.

In saying that, though, she's had a couple of really rough results in the ITF this year where abysmal umpiring has actually cost her vital matches in both singles and doubles (especially in Hong Kong, where she was by no means the only sufferer). Despite that, she still managed to win one singles (over Maria Camila Osorio Serrano) and seven doubles titles this year. She and Erin Routliffe may team up for Auckland - they played Fed Cup together successfully.

Registered
I understand Rybarikova will be playing doubles only this year, and her name appears in the doubles entry list for the AO but no partner is mentioned. Does anyone know who she will be matched with, as her doubles ranking is horrific and she never bothered to get a protected ranking in singles. Is she going to be in Melbourne for the AO or is that just a hopeless fantasy on my part. Her Instagram page shows her everywhere in the world, EXCEPT on a tennis court, so any information others online could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Registered
I understand Rybarikova will be playing doubles only this year, and her name appears in the doubles entry list for the AO but no partner is mentioned. Does anyone know who she will be matched with, as her doubles ranking is horrific and she never bothered to get a protected ranking in singles. Is she going to be in Melbourne for the AO or is that just a hopeless fantasy on my part. Her Instagram page shows her everywhere in the world, EXCEPT on a tennis court, so any information others online could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I am pretty sure I saw her in the background in a warmup room while watching the ATP Cup the other day. Can't remember which location that was though. Brisbane would make the most sense, but no clue what her plans were being there.

Registered
Sania Mirza needs a better partner if she wanna get back into 20. Has Mattek signed up with any other partner for the remaining season? Mirza Dabrowski can work. Mirza should also try Sara errani or one of the chans

Registered
Sania Mirza needs a better partner if she wanna get back into 20. Has Mattek signed up with any other partner for the remaining season? Mirza Dabrowski can work. Mirza should also try Sara errani or one of the chans
Considering that Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok won Hobart at their first attempt together, with both of them saying that they didn't play all that well, natural improvement could take them very deep into the Australian Open. As that was after your comment was posted, you might want to revise your opinion.

Nobody in their right mind would want Errani as a partner - she was appalling in the first set of her loss in Auckland, and not much better in the second. The Chans seem to be quite happy now that they're together again. As for Dabrowski, let her figure out a full-time partner for herself.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts