Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these these teams are haveing a mid season break or a perm break up?

Seems especially odd that Dokic/Petrova and the long term team of Krizan/Strebotnik haven't played with each other in two big tounries in the last two weeks, esp when they have a chance for qualyfying for the end of year champs.

I even tought Krizan was coaching Katerina?

I think they also played with seperate partners in Bogaota earlioer this year, so maybe they just like a change once and a while.

any news would be great, thanks.

· Registered
16,124 Posts
Lee/Prakusya are still partnering together. It's just Wynne has a minor injury at the moment, so Janet has to find another partner. They should be together for Toronto next week and US Open.

· Registered
949 Posts
Regarding Petrova/Dokic, I think we all know that Jelena Dokic is in a major slump in singles at the moment. I´ve no idea wether or not she´s to skip doubles completely for getting better in the singles again or if this is just for a more complex US Open preparation. Wether or not she´s split with Petrova, we´ll see at the Canadian or finally in NY.

Regarding Krizan/Srebotnik, it happened to a number of teams that one partner committed the very last minute and therefore, permanent teams, are split for a single event. In this case though, Krizan/Srebotnik are known for even sharing the same number of ranking points in thze rankings due to the fact that they don´t switch partners and are both in the rankings with the same number of points. Wether or not this team is split is also a mystery but I would say a split is more an option than compared to Petrova/Dokic where I think Jelena asked for a break.

Concerning LA, all this is good for Martina/Sveta who just have to fear that Cara/Elena get better as soon as the season continues. Lindsay/Lisa, Ai/Kim and Virginia/Paola are so clear "in" for LA that I think the WTA begins to wonder wether or not it was clever limiting the doubles to 4 teams and maybe have legend Martina as 5th team finally.

· Registered
2,949 Posts
I thought Petrova was suffering from some smaller injuries, that may be an explanation why she isn't playing doubles

· Registered
7,943 Posts
vutt said:
It was part of my tought also, but Nadia will play doubles this week :confused:
She will with Srebotnik

I think Dokic/Petrova have split somebody on this board saw them play at FO and said Dokic was being bitchy to Petrova and didn't know Petrova still played with her, they lost early there and ant WImbly and now Petrova has teamed with Srebotnik two weeks in a row, yep I'm guessing it's a permanent split. And so is Krizan/srebotniks to I'd assume making petrova/srebotnik a permanent team

· Registered
3,619 Posts
Didn't Jelena Dokic and Nadia Petrova share a coach at one point? It probably wouldn't surprise many of us that they didn't end up getting along, nasty bitches that they are! ;)

· Registered
255 Posts
Fantastic said:
Didn't Jelena Dokic and Nadia Petrova share a coach at one point?
Nadjas coach, Glen Schaap, did some coaching for Jelena when she did not have a coach at the end of 2002.....

also at this time Jelena and Nadja were quite bitchy to eachother sometimes, and have been best friends again the next day....

its just a very normal girl-friendship between them, and playing doubles has always been fun for them. They practise together a lot and then also team up in doubles. But of course they want to hit with other players, too, and then they do not team up.

No big deal about it.....

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw Dokic being a bitch to Nadia at the FO. I was surprized to see they played with each other after that...hence why I wondered if their was any iotehr news along the same lines that led them to split up (well for 2 tournies) now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.