Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[1] Hsieh Su-Wei/Peng Shuai vs. Daniela Hantuchova/Lisa Raymond
[WC] Dominika Cibulkova/Marina Erakovic vs. Julia Goerges/Barbora Zahlavova Strycova

[4] Anna-Lena Groenefeld/Kveta Peschke vs. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova/Lucie Safarova
Kristina Mladenovic/Flavia Pennetta vs. Cara Black/Sania Mirza

Chan Hao-Ching/Liezel Huber vs. [WC] Kimiko Date-Krumm/Arantxa Parra Santonja
Raquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears vs. [3] Jelena Jankovic/Katarina Srebotnik

Mandy Minella/Elena Vesnina vs. Alla Kudryavtseva/Anastasia Rodionova
[WC] Kirsten Flipkens/Petra Kvitova vs. [2] Ashleigh Barty/Casey Dellacqua

So many bombs.

Tokyo has been top heavy for both singles and doubles draw.

Kvitova :eek:h:

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
No Maka/Vesnina and H&H? :speakles:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
many things to comment...

No Errani/Vinci, Hlavackova/Hradecka... :confused:
Raymond/Hantuchova, Vesnina/Minella :eek:
Black and Erakovic are over? Playing with different partners... :wavey:
Kimiko back with Arantxa? U dump her for Goerges, then u lost in first round and now u want Arantxa back... hope it works again...
Huber still playing? I thought she would retire after US Open! Maybe she wants to play until the end of the season...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Kimiko back with Arantxa? U dump her for Goerges, then u lost in first round and now u want Arantxa back... hope it works again...
I do not think Kimiko dumped Arantxa at all... Kimiko was probably not very keen on going far in doubles in Seoul (with a Sunday final letting few time to go back to Tokyo before her 1st round there) and neither Arantxa who knew she would enter Tokyo's Q-draw.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I do not think Kimiko dumped Arantxa at all... Kimiko was probably not very keen on going far in doubles in Seoul (with a Sunday final letting few time to go back to Tokyo before her 1st round there) and neither Arantxa who knew she would enter Tokyo's Q-draw.
your explanation gives more sense... if neither of them wanted to go far they could have played together, try to get into semis and then tank...

:lick:

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
Nice move from Daniela to team up with Lisa. She's so much expierence and can motivate Daniela a little bit.
I guess Hingis make a smart move and call it a year so early.

·
Stanning for Andi
20,731 Posts
Aoyama not given a WC?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts