Hlavackova/Peng :hearts:

·
Premium Member
62,383 Posts
No wild card for Team Salad :sad:

·
Registered
51 Posts
They gave the wild card to Christie/Robson ahead of Moore/Perrin? WTF??

One team is a team who play Doubles seriously and who have made a Tour Final this season, the other are dilettantes at it, who play the dubs as an addendum to singles. Yeah it gets more Brits involved seeing as Perrin is Swiss but Christie/Robson are not going to be targeting the trophy whereas Moore/Perrin would be.

Looking at the official draw, the last direct acceptance was Davis/McHale at 306. I make Moore/Perrin's ranking also exactly 306 (Perrin 149 dubs/200+ singles, Moore 157 dubs/250+ singles), so presumably they are the top alternate. Maybe that was the TD's thinking, gamble on a withdrawal getting these two in and use the wild card elsewhere. But I reckon Tara and Conny can be a little narked, and in Tara's case feel somewhat unsupported and unrewarded by the LTA for her efforts in going to South America in search of wins. That was the sort of thing they wanted to encourage, wasn't it??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm assuming, I have to admit. But I feel very comfortable in doing that. It is months and months (January, in fact) since one played an event the other didn't. They have never skipped teaming up in the Doubles in favour of Singles*. It's pretty clear that they are currently doing their schedule jointly for the Doubles opportunities.

* - Perrin was due to play Indian Harbour with someone else, but that was because Moore picked up an injury and had to back out of the singles q, so wasn't fit enough to play the dubs. The trip was obviously planned to include playing together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts