Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Since all tour was confused pretty much since the NEW RULE about bonus points was done, we`ll have the old rule stay. And it is:

THE DOUBLES TEAM OF "A and B"....

*) TO SEND DOUBLES POINTS YOU HAVE TO SEND (100) + BONUS POINTS FROM PLAYER A + BONUS POINTS FROM PLAYER B

BONUS POINTS ARE LIKE THIS

RANK ... BONUS... OVERALL
1 .......... 6 ....... 106
2 .......... 5 ....... 105
3 .......... 4 ....... 104
4-10 ..... 3 ....... 103
11-20 ..... 2 ....... 102
21-Onwars . 0 ......... 100

So if player A is ranked 2 and player B is ranked 3, they can send 109 points for their doubles match :)...

I hope this clears everything :). Good Luck nest week everybody!

Petosp, Alberto and Jakub (Marta bitch :p)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
109 points like Clijsters/Huber :p

I really can't understand some things:

Why do you erase a rule you 3 decided because the ancient(and now new) is unfair for becomers!
How come you didn't notice during several months that some teams were sending more points than others with same rankings :confused:
That's incredible in a case of the Graf/Sanchez Lorenzo if I well understood:Graf sending good points and Sanchez Lorenzo bad points :eek:
In my opinion when a team sent bad points in a tournament, the ranking points should be erased.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kaelin said:
109 points like Clijsters/Huber :p

I really can't understand some things:

Why do you erase a rule you 3 decided because the ancient(and now new) is unfair for becomers!
How come you didn't notice during several months that some teams were sending more points than others with same rankings :confused:
That's incredible in a case of the Graf/Sanchez Lorenzo if I well understood:Graf sending good points and Sanchez Lorenzo bad points :eek:
In my opinion when a team sent bad points in a tournament, the ranking points should be erased.
The problem was that the rule was instated and all people (except Juakub and the ones who did not have bonus) sent points using the OLD RULE still, including Alberto and me LOL :p

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Find only 1 tournament where I sent bad points :p
And my team had bonus points

·
Registered
29,965 Posts
petosp said:
The problem was that the rule was instated and all people (except Juakub and the ones who did not have bonus) sent points using the OLD RULE still, including Alberto and me LOL :p

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was sending right points.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kaelin said:
Find only 1 tournament where I sent bad points :p
And my team had bonus points
If you read the last rule on this, the team should have used the HIGHEST ranked (in doubles) player bonuses, so no one could send more than 106 points per event, the rule was instated since June 1st http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=72477. And i can tell you a lot of people send more than they were allowed to. Anyway we decided to leave the rule of both players bonus points adittion.

The basic thing for this GOING BACK to the OLD RULE is that the year started with this system, so we better keep it this way til next season.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
thanks Petospo for this thread :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I guess I perfectly understood.
The real thing is that people like Jakub,Henry, Wojtek or me who simply learnt to read :lol: , have been had for several months.

I understand that it's impossible to come back on so many tournaments, especially when it concerns only top players.

But I challenge anybody to say that it's not unfair for us :sad: :lose against people who cheated intentionally or not during several months and nothing is done to repair :mad:

So I have a suggestion, that I'm pretty sure you will laugh at :p :

PEOPLE WHO SENT CORRECT POINTS DURING THIS PERIOD SHOULD HAVE SOME ADVANTAGES UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR LIKE WINNING EVERY TOSS OF COURSE BUT ALSO WINNING A SET WHEN THE DIFFERENCE IS THE SAME THAN THE MISTAKE BEFORE!(OR AT LEAST 1 OR 2 POINTS)

That's the only fair thing to do I think:the right thing should have been to withdraw these teams from every previous tournament where they were wrong.
And like this nothing to change about rankings:and it's only for a demi dozen of tournaments

I would like an answer even if it's only to say shut up :p
Like this

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
Kaelin said:
I guess I perfectly understood.
The real thing is that people like Jakub,Henry, Wojtek or me who simply learnt to read :lol: , have been had for several months.

I understand that it's impossible to come back on so many tournaments, especially when it concerns only top players.

But I challenge anybody to say that it's not unfair for us :sad: :lose against people who cheated intentionally or not during several months and nothing is done to repair :mad:

So I have a suggestion, that I'm pretty sure you will laugh at :p :

PEOPLE WHO SENT CORRECT POINTS DURING THIS PERIOD SHOULD HAVE SOME ADVANTAGES UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR LIKE WINNING EVERY TOSS OF COURSE BUT ALSO WINNING A SET WHEN THE DIFFERENCE IS THE SAME THAN THE MISTAKE BEFORE!(OR AT LEAST 1 OR 2 POINTS)

That's the only fair thing to do I think:the right thing should have been to withdraw these teams from every previous tournament where they were wrong.
And like this nothing to change about rankings:and it's only for a demi dozen of tournaments

I would like an answer even if it's only to say shut up :p
Like this
:worship:
I totally agree with you, Kaelin :D
The rules should not be changed if it's not intended to be applied.
This mistake could have been avoided if:
1. The organizers found that some team sent in the incorrect points at the beginning.
2. If the team with incorrect points lost by WO, they will learn and sent the correct one in the next tournament.

Now that all the mistake just being found out 3 months later, they suddenly decided to go back to old rules and decided to forget the past. No team is actually disadvantaged from this decision, except us, who sent in the correct points all the time. I guess we just have to pay the price to follow the rules properly. I understand that it'll be very hard to fix all the mistake, and I honestly don't expect the organizers to fix it. After all this is just a game. However, I would expect some kind like an apology from the organizers to us who are right all this time, and like Kaelin says, maybe give us some bonus or advantage in the future.

Well, as I said before, this is just a game, so I don't really care whatever the decision is. All of this is just what we think is the right thing to do and I hope that our voice can be heard :eek:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
:wavey: Henry
Very well said :worship:

Yep it's a just a game but as a Libra I can't stand the injustice :fiery:
Especially when you realize that there were 3 GS during this period where people with wrong points succeed :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

It's just like a doping affair :eek:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Buitenzorg said:
This is just because Jakub ;)

So....I think last week Doubles event still VALID if we based on this rule :p
:lol: :fiery:

·
6,752 Posts
There is something that need explanation:

These bonus are from singles ranking or doubles ranking??

If I am ranked 20 in singles and 100 in doubles, do I have bonus points for my doubles matchs?

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Catriel said:
There is something that need explanation:

These bonus are from singles ranking or doubles ranking??

If I am ranked 20 in singles and 100 in doubles, do I have bonus points for my doubles matchs?
No Cartiel ,

Singles ranking decide how many points yuo send for singles and doubles for doubles.

I will send you whole points soon, sorry fot the delay.

:wavey:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts