Tennis Forum banner

261 - 280 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
It really is quite a shocking rosta of injured players, and Gabi didn't play last week, and retired in R1 of her last two tournaments, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has some issues too.

I'd think Harriet would be in line for more WCs before Wimbledon, if she feels up to playing.

·
Registered
11,713 Posts
Looks like the advice worked - Harriet beat Lapko in R1 Nottingham.

It's not her first main draw win though, is it? I suppose it's her first in Nottingham.
No, she won a match in the MD at Brisbane this year and she also won a MD match at Eastbourne last year.

But great win for Dart! Next is Tomljanovic, who seems pretty allergic to grass, so not too bad of a draw here.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
No, she won a match in the MD at Brisbane this year and she also won a MD match at Eastbourne last year.

But great win for Dart! Next is Tomljanovic, who seems pretty allergic to grass, so not too bad of a draw here.
Hopefully the match will actually be on grass. Due on court in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
11,713 Posts
Wow, Dart is playing doubles in Birmingham with the legend that is Venus! :eek:

They are in a tough section of the draw though...

(4)Groenefeld/Schuurs v Chan/Chan
N. Kichenok/Spears v (wc)Dart/Williams

Dart is a really decent doubles player though.. Maybe Venus sees something in her..who knows.. I love random doubles pairings like this though. Reminds me of Rayson.

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
I've just noticed this. How random, but great. Shall we call them Darms or Williart?

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Not Wart. :hysteric: Dalliams is better. KitchenSpear are currently serving for the 2nd set.

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Oooh, Dalliams broke back. :cheer:

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
KitchenUtensil break back and will serve for the set. :sad:

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
The plucky Brit and the seasoned veteran put up a good fight but it wasn't to be. What a dream if they had won it though.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Harriet played well today. Better than the score suggests but Poots just had a bit too much guile for her.

261 - 280 of 307 Posts