Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheering thread for our newest and youngest (for a couple of weeks, at least) ranked player.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Miss Dart is inot the quarterfinals at the 10K in Bournemouth after taking out Fitzpatrick in 3 sets. Next up is Broady.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Through to Edgbaston $10k QF after wins over Lucy Brown and Amy Bowtell. Impressive stuff.

(BTW why does this thread have Double Top in the name? :scratch:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
(BTW why does this thread have Double Top in the name? :scratch:
I have an inexplicable affection for the thread title format
X Y: Firstname secondname
especially if the preface is vaguely punning. In this case, the best vaguely punning title I could come up with was the current one (having rejected even weaker alternatives such as "One hundred and eighty: Harriet Dart").

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Through to Semi Finals where she will play Tori Kinard USA :)

@Embittered I really didn't understand your post :lol:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loses her first pro final 4 & 2 to Voracova. Bit of a collapse from 2-1 *40-0 2nd set. Great week, nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
What I meant was what relevance does 'Double Top' have? :lol:

It was a great week from Harriet- just over 2 years ago, Voracova was at a career high of #74.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Through to the final of AEGON British Tour Masters without dropping a set. If she wins tomorrow she'll take home a cheque for £2000 :)

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
She's been winning a lot lately....I can see 2013 being a good year for her! Here's to a successful 2013:cheer:

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Starts her AO Junior Campaign tomorrow (or today if you're in Australia :p)

She plays Anett Kontaveit in R1. Not expecting a win but hopefully she'll keep it close :)

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aegon British Tour Warwick R2 (after a 1st round bye): Georgia Craven - Harriet Dart [2/893] 6-1 6-0

As they sang in "Jerry Springer, The Opera"... No, better not go there, I guess.

Please say you withdrew and were replaced by a LL, Harriet.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Harriet was unlucky not to win a Wimbledon WCQ in the wild card play-off. She has taken that form into the Roehampton G1, where she has reached the semifinal.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You were right, nimble, Harriet lost to Konjuh 1-6 6-7(4):(.

She was 3-1 up in the 2nd set tiebreak.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I know, close second set though against wolrd no.2 which is encouraging :) and beating some top players last week to make the semis last week at Roehampton. Harriet has had a really positive grass court season and nearing even closer to the top 50 with that first round win over Ostapenko :yeah:

1 - 20 of 324 Posts