Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which players on the WTA Tour and ATP Tour are double handed on both sides?

The only ones I know of are:

WTA: Marion Bartoli, Akiko Morigami

ATP: Fabrice Santoro

Any posters here double handed on both sides? (I am!)

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sugiyama is double handed on BOTH sides? I've seen her play in person and I didn't think she was like that...

How could I forget Seles ...silly me :p

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Sugiyama isn't double handed on both sides...I think Ayumi Morita is though?

Michelle Brycki and Olivia Lukaszewicz are...

Jan Michael Gambill too.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is interesting. A lot of people have double handed backhands but not on both sides. (My friend is double handed on his forehand and one handed on his backhand - weird eh?)

But I know that I had people who told me to switch and that it would be better. Especially for a male, it is odd to be double handed on both sides. So I tried switching and it did horrible things to my game, but it did make my backhand stronger ;) So, I just recently went back to double handed on both sides and am currently working on fixing my grip ( I realized it was too low). The good thing is being double handed on my forehand gives me more control and more power, and I can always use the one hand to retrieve balls to keep the ball in the play. That's how I see it :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
most all jap girls... zheng had one too but got rid of it... but yea im double handed too!!

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
that looks so weird haha :)

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
I thought he hit with a one-handed backhand and two-handed forehand. And Rainer Schuettler as well.
it cant get any weirder. he hits with a lot of different techniques though !

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The good thing is being double handed on my forehand gives me more control and more power, and I can always use the one hand to retrieve balls to keep the ball in the play. That's how I see it :)
That's my take on the backhand. I use two hands for most shots, but if I'm stretched out, I am more than capable of getting the ball with one hand, because I trained that way for years. Also, I feel that having the option to switch from a two-to-one hander quickly helps disguise things like slice and drop shots. It's great to see the look on a much younger players face when it looks like I'm going for a regular crosscourt backhand and at the last moment drop it.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,708 Posts
I thought he hit with a one-handed backhand and two-handed forehand. And Rainer Schuettler as well.
Fabrice is definately two-handed both sides. With the two hands on his racket he can produce spins no one else could dream of. :worship:

He also volleys with both hands even on his forehand most of the time, producing unbelievable touch on his shots. :bounce:

Rainer is your basic two handed backhand, one handed forehand player.

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
apparently venus on virtual tennis world tour...(but that games messed up...they also made sharapova fast and without the shrieks...)

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Ilija Bozoljac (ATP) is two-handed both sides too.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Josh Goodall used to be but hes changed to a single handed forehand now.

I have played matches with a double handed forehand. It gave me a killer down the line forehand but im lost my great angled forehand. Weird as being two handed is supposed to make you hit better angles. Maybe i was just hitting the ball too late.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts