1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Court Suzanne Lenglen"
"Rod Laver Arena"
"Arthur Ashe Stadium"

Isn't it about time for tennis to catch up to other pro sports by selling naming rights for their stadiums to the highest bidder. Now let's reset those names. How about:

"Court ING Direct"
"Doritos Arena"
"Burger King Stadium"

;)

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on, surely someone else here thinks Women's Tennis should turn its back on tradition and shamelessly pimp itself to anyone who wants their name on a building?

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
no way dh :rolleyes: :angel:

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
I wonder if they will start calling the courts -

Martina Hingis Stadium - sounds good

The Williams Sisters Arena - ??? dont know

Seles Stadium - Has a nice sound to it ...

or even ..........

Jelena Dokic Arena - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
LOL @ Yoshie!

Mauresmo meeting area - ROTFLMAO!

Martina Hingis Arena sounds better ;)

·
63,527 Posts
RodDICK Court :rolleyes:

Selena Arena :kiss: (Jelena and Seles) :p

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
No I'd definitely say keep with the tradition, it's for the best.

I'm actually even annoyed with the commercials, banners, and flashing boards around the tennis courts.

This is why Wimbledon is still the best, the only logo is the Wimbledon logo! That's the way to go :)

As for all these new suggestions, how about Court Martina Hingis in Roland Garros? That'll be the day! LOL :rolleyes:

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts
LOL @ disposablehero!

I actually rather like the burger king one... I am surprised none of the US Open courts are named after some product or company ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
I am very surprised that Big Money Companies haven't bought into the tennis world. If they did, then tennis would get recognized much more on a global level.

I'd be surprised if they started naming after current or nearly current players in the US. They've still got Evert, Navratilova, King, and Austin all court-less. However, Monica would be the first person, by far, for an American court....such respect for such a classy lady!

Hingis is a shoe-in for a court in Zurich once she calls it quits. Same with Sanchez-Vicario in Madrid or Barcelona. I think they should rename the country of Espana to Arantxa!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Well, I haven't seen too many of the companies stamping their names on the stadiums but they are putting money into those ridiculous cams about them. Well, at least at the U.S. Open anyway.

It was so dizzying. Every few minutes they'd have to cut to some random camera in the stadium to plug the sponsor. And lots of cams weren't even turned onto anything court-related.

A relief is that probably half those companies don't exist anymore.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It should be tradition over corporate sponserhip ANY DAY, they should rename the Vodafone Arena: Margaret Court.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Lol heres a few!!!

HINGIS HAMBURGERS!!! A EAT OUT AND TAKEWAY SERVED WITH AN UNIQUE SERVE!!

SERENA ARENA!!

VENUS VINEYARD--A BAR FOR ARISTROCATS

KOURNAKOVA CAFE!!!

HANNIBAL HENIN!! ANOTHER DINING PLACE

SELES CENTER!!

COURT CLIJSTERS

PETROVA PLAYGROUND

RAYMOND RESTAURANT!!

CIETZER CAFE

SUGIYAMA SUSHI BAR!!

·
Registered