Tennis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can assure u once the Open starts, she will be demolishing her opponents as usual ;)

this was one step too many, against a very talented opponent :)

LOL the haters come out for this rare loss, as they do for Serena, but she'll take this next week and a half off and come back all guns firing in NYC

go Kim :kiss:

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
I agree. This loss will be a wakeup call to Kim. And it will give her some much needed rest before the 2003 U.S. Open starts. And at the Open Kim will be refreshed and bouncing around like a Tigress on the loose! :bounce: I usually try to include a cat reference when I can. ;)

Is that you Sarah?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
omg.. this is very shocking? how did she play...

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cat said:
I agree. This loss will be a wakeup call to Kim. And it will give her some much needed rest before the 2003 U.S. Open starts. And at the Open Kim will be refreshed and bouncing around like a Tigress on the loose! :bounce: I usually try to include a cat reference when I can. ;)

Is that you Sarah?
so true, and yes its me ;)

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Some great points but some dumb errors as well. Plus Lina K. was playing well, some excellent returns came off her racket.
I'd rather see Kim lose her than in NY.
GO KIM!

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Im just glad she will get some rest. But only SF's or better. It had to end sometime.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Sweets_SJW said:
i can assure u once the Open starts, she will be demolishing her opponents as usual ;)

this was one step too many, against a very talented opponent :)

LOL the haters come out for this rare loss, as they do for Serena, but she'll take this next week and a half off and come back all guns firing in NYC

go Kim :kiss:
"against a very talented opponent"

i belive this has been her toughest 2nd round, or "early round" opponent all year hasn't it?

so maybe that was the main factor. she wans't used to someone out there than wants to put up a fight and beat her. but also kim was slow.

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lina is a talented tough cookie. she got game, yes she has. but usually Kim woulda taken her out.

this is just a minor setback...the K-train will be put back on the tracks very soon ;)

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Much as I love BBE :kiss: , I have to admit that between Kimmie having been under the gun about being a Slamless #1 (and wanting some rest to go for that Slam) she probably did "mail it in" after the 2nd set. (I hope Lina takes being used as a "practice partner" as motivation to become a really top player, though). ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.