Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Daniela Hantuchova and Patty Schnyder played a great match! It was the best one so far with great points! That is the headline!

And there is no reason to be angry to Daniela, because she lost against a strong opponent, but she just should win such a match with 5-2 in the thrid for her.....

The match begun with a little delay, because of a hard three setter in the doubel's before, where Martina and Svetlana were 2 breaks down in the thrid to win the match.
Than everybody was concentrating to get a signing by Martina so I even didn't realise that Daniela was already there..... The music was playing: "It's my life" and a bit later Daniela and Patty were intedruced. Hm I look to Daniela's outfit and was wondering alot, why the hell she changed her dress. Instead of blue I saw a blue- black dress. It was also beautiful, but not as optimistic than the blue one....
This was the first thing what I noticed.
Than first game. Daniela to serve. She won that, but she had to go over deuce and everybody could realize what a tough opponent Patty would be this day.... She was returning very well and smart, easpecially with the forhand and took alot of recieving points on Dani's second serve. So Dani was almost in every service game in danger, when she didn't bring her first service in the first set. But until 4-4 no breaks. The 9th game was very long and it was often changing from Deuce to breakball and also one point for Dani to win this game was in between. But Patty was playing her best tennis and was almost making no mistake and her forhand was a great weappon, while Daniela made more UE's.
So the first one won Patty. But it was very close and it was also a great match for the visitors with spectacular things from both player's. Volley-stops, backhand smash by Dani, beautiful backhand down the line. Overall Dani was going not so often the net and Patty made her a tough time by good passing shoots. In the second set Daniela changed her strategy a bit. She raised her game and played her best tennis! She broke Patty to lead 2-0, but lost her own service game afterwords. Than Patty easily made it to 2-2 and than it was a tough situation, while Dani was 15-40 down, but won this game to lead 3-2. Since than both player's hold her service without big problems. Dani was serving very good and in the whole match she had about 8 Aces. And she also took more risk in her second serve in order to prevent a return winner by Schnyder. The points were quite long, because of Dani really played a point until the end and didn't want to win the point by her first shot- now she was playing from angel to angel- sometimes also a slice a short cross and than when the field was opened she took the winner cross court or mostly down the line. Overall the game (especially from Daniela) was suberb in the second set and also half of the third one. Than she lead 5-4. This game was also a big fight, but Daniela won this by defending break balls and took a good psychical adventage. The 10th game she took to SERO!!! She broke Patty for the second time this day and took the set also to 4! So it was 4-6, 6-4.
Daniela looked very confident and more fit than her opponent, because Patty had to run alot.....
So the beginning of the third was just beautiful. She lead 3-0 by broking her opponent and than she held her service quite easily, because of a good first serve and Patty with some bad shots, because she was a bit tired. Than Dani advanced to 5-2 and Patty to serve. Patty took this game to 0 and motivated herself again, while Dani wasn't doing anything to get this game and was focusing on the next (I hoped so).
5-3 Dani to serve for the match- the beginning of nerves to come....
She defended two breakchances by Patty and it was Deuce- so she was 2 points away to win this match! But her game wasn't there at this time- she didn't move well- so she made more UE's - often forhand to the net (In the second and until 5-2 in the third she was moving very well- the best I saw from Dani this year!) and also the first serve wasn't there. After a 6 minut big fight Schnyder took the game and Dani was smashing her reqet and talking to her self- sth. like: "Jezis maria..... je to moze....."´. Nigel and her mother were looking until 5-2 very optimistic and Nigel was very pleased how she played and after strong points you could see him "clapping" for Dani. But things turned unexpectically around. Dani was facing now a Patty with her so called "second air"- she had a great fighting spirit! Something all missed this year by Patty, but this day she was mental very strong and didn't give up! So she made it to 5-5. The big question was: Now a short end, while Dani will give up??? NOOO! We could be pround to be supporter's of the such a great talent and fighter! She raised her game, by serving suberb with 1 Acve and a service winner and won this won to 15. No it was 6-5. A bit later it was 6-5, 30-30 - so a big point. But Dani returned into the net and Patty won this to get to the tie break.
1-0 - good start for Dani, but than 2 points to Patty on her serve, while Dani making UE's. Than a great point from Patty by passing Dani on the net and the next point was a present by Dani. So Patty take a 4-1 lead and played more agressive, while Dani didn't play her proper tenis. On every shot you could feel how she was frighting to make a mistake. Patty played all or nothing- and this was paying of! So she won this to 3 and overall 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 for Patty in a great match. Congrets to Patty she deserved to win this, by a great fighting spirit!
Daniela can be also a bit happy, because she was showing great Tennis and her form is rising. It can be for both a good indoor season!
Dani was very pissed, while Patty was celebrating the victory Dani tried to get out as fast as possible from the court and you can asume, that there were some tears......It's not good to lose such a close one....
So I was also in bad mood. I was stearing around like the world ends just this day. I needed some time to be able to talk with other people friends and so on. Than I looked for a way to give Dani our gift. First of all I have to say, that it wasn't so easy but it worked finally!
I was waiting right before the player's area. I hoped to get Dani, while some player's always leaving the zone to match the center-court match. So I saw also Mayskina and Lina to watch Farina and Vento Kabchi. When I saw with one eye the match of Vento Kabchi- I asked my self- why the hell Daniela had such a tough Draw. Keep in mind Kleinova, Vento Kabchi are in the quarter's. With the way she was playing she also deserve to take part in the quarters! But this is sport! And she will have more luck next time.
But obiously there was no Dani. No only one time a saw her for a second and called: " Daniela, prosim ta"- but she even wasn't turning her head. So I feel it could be very difficult. So I saw Janette Husarova and used my chance to ask her for help- because they are friends (Janette and Dani). I talked to her in slovak: "Mohla by si mi pomoct........" and so on and we had a great 10 minutes small talk. She also asked: "Odkial si??- where are you from?? and so on - so I also gained big complements for my sovak- that made me happy- but how to get Dani??? Interesting enough was her answer on my slovak question about journalist's thinking about anorexia- problems.... Janette sayed clearly: "Nie!!!!- Daniela nema...." Nooooo - she hasn't. She recommend to try giving her the gift after the doubles. But I sayed it will be tough, because Daniela is probably in a very bad mood. So I asked her to look for her- maybe she has asked her... I don't know - but 10 minutes later- there was Dani right before me! I sayed: " Prepac..." and she was turnig to me and looking.... and sayed : "Wie Bitte" in clear german, because she may be don't expect that someone want's to talk to her in slovak. But I was going on in slovak and sayed to her, that I want to hand in a little present created by all fans of "Cocktail Party". The presend was packed by me - so I decoreted it a bit and wrote a card for her.
Here the text of the officially part, which I wrote in the name of everybody!

Milá Danielka !

Je mi to velkým potesením Ti odovzdat malý darcek všetkých
tvojich fanúsikov internetového spolka „Cocktail Party”.
Vsetci sme sa stali velkými fanúsikmi, najmä kvôli tvojemu
stýlu hry a veríme vsetci, aby si mohla nieco velkého dostihnút
vdaka tvojému velkému talentu.
My sme presne vedeli, ze to nie je lahke opakovat ten
minuloroèný úspech. Pár smutných prehier patrilo k tomuto
tenisovému roku, ale sme presvedceni, ze tvoje výsledky
budú opät lepšie! Zeláme Ti všetko najlepšie a drzime Ti palce!

And than I wrote her sth. prsonally from me.

But I was making 3 mistake's in Slovak- I realised it afterwords- but it isn't so bad- so she know, that I'm a really german, who isn't perfect but very good in slovakian.

I sayed to her: "Je me velmi luto, ze si prehrala- mala si velku smolu" - so Daniela took the present and watching a bit of the "Myskina"- match. I was standing next to her, but I decided not to start a conversation, because Dani didn't look like, that she want's to talk to anybody! So I was waiting for the double's match.
And big suprise- Daniela was smiling around and looked happy and was changing her outfit again to optimistic blue! She won with Schett the first set 6-0! And overall she was the best player on the court with big smile's, great shot's (easpecially volley- her net game is really beautiful) and a good serve. The second one was a bit closer, but Daniela and Barbara won this and made me a bit happy. So they will face in the quarter's Martina Navratilova! This is looking like, that we will face a great match! So I'm happy to see her again!

So greetings to all and don't woory be happy! Daniela is recovering and she raised already her game- now she needs a bit more luck..... So Daniela keep on hard working with Nigel!

Bye, Jan :wavey:

-Update- Danielkas last day in Leipzig :sad:

It was 19.30 local time- also double time. Daniela and Babsi on the move to the court, while the music was playing as always: "IT's my life".
One of my best friends lost lately her girlfriend and is very sad so I brought him ticet for the day, because it was also his birthday.
I think shortly after 19.30 o'clock his former girlfriends was way out of his head.... ;)
Daniela was again in optimistic blue, but it didn't help her this time.
They lost 64, 63 but Daniela was quite well, while Babsi made alot easy mistakes on the net. Martina was suberb playing and even scored 1 Ace!!! There were alot of spectacular moments so everybody was delighted. It was a good match and I'm happy to see Martina again!
After the match I was trying to get for him a signing, but Daniela was moving straight on her way on wasn't stoping or even reacting as I begun to say: "Daniela, prosim ta.....". We all know that she hates losing.... I can understand this.
So tomorrow will be a interesting match between Cljsters and Myskina. This I will match, but Henin against Vento Kabchi I won't watch, because I think it will be very easy for Henin....
I hope to see a final between the best player's (currently) of the WTA Tour! I'm also looking, what is maybe better in her game's in comperison with Dani's game.

Last but not least: Thanks to everybody! I'm happy that everyone is satisfied with me. I was trying my best. For sure Daniela knows us and is hopefully a bit proud to have such supporters.

With the best regards, Jan :wavey:

Reactions: mousee

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
:worship: Janko :worship:
daaaaaaamn, u r good ;) u did it!!!! perfect!!!
OMG i believe, that ur dream come tru-ooooh talk to Janette was perfect idea-u were so close to Danka OMG.....oooooooooh :hearts:
i know that u couldnt sleep last night

hahaaaaa....do you know why was Danka so shiny on doubles? bc of our gifts!!! :hearts:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
danielkafan said:
........" But I was going on in slovak and sayed to her, that I want to hand in a little present created by all fans of "Cocktail Party". The presend was packed by me - so I decoreted it a bit and wrote a card for her.
Here the text of the officially part, which I wrote in the name of everybody!

Milá Danielka !

Bye, Jan :wavey:
Excellent Jan, thank you so much and well done! :D :bounce: Could you (or mousee) give us a translation of this please? :D

·
I love Jelica!
34,196 Posts
Jan, thanks for another terrific report :hatoff:

Congratulations are in order for getting the present and card to Daniela :clap2:

Keep up the good work! :yeah:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
danielkafan said:
Milá Danielka !
Dear Danielka!
It is pleasure 4 me to give You little present from all CP fans
We became Your big fans bc of Your game (style,tennis) and we believe that You will reach high bc of Your big talent.
We knew, that it wont be easy to continue in last year's success.
There were few sad looses this year, but we are sure that Your results will be better.
We wish You all the best and we are crossing fingers for You.

Janko wrote it better in slovak...i cant verse in english, but its very touching and from heart-im pretty sure that Danka must love it!

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's just brilliant :yeah:

Well done Jan and thanks Mousee! :hug:

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Well done Jan!!!! :wavey: :umbrella: :D Thank you for the amazing report and for giving her the gift! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
now i live with idea that Danka KNOWS about us.... :bounce: :dance:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks, Jan, you've brightened up my day considerably!

Thanks to Mousee AND Janette!!!

Dani knows who I am and it's down to Jan and the CP!!!!

:worship:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Did we put the address on the Card?

I suppose if she visits here already, she'll know who I am anyway :rolleyes:

WE ARE DANI'S SOURCE OF SELF-EFFICACY, SHE SEEMED HAPPY IN THE DOUBLES AFTER JAN GAVE HER THE GIFT!!!!!

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
nice report Jan! :)
and that was a very nice message for Dani! :)

thanks mousee for the translation! :)
yeah! - i was also thinking she must have been really charged up after getting the card and necklace! :bounce: :)

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
gorecki said:
yeah! - i was also thinking she must have been really charged up after getting the card and necklace! :bounce: :)
Well Dani and Babsi dished out a bagel in the first set, so the cards, our messages and the necklace must have really hit the right spot. :woohoo:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
GrahamD said:
Well Dani and Babsi dished out a bagel in the first set, so the cards, our messages and the necklace must have really hit the right spot. :woohoo:
:lol: :yeah:
would we asking for too much for a quick post from our Daniela in here? :eek: :woohoo:

and i love those waterbottle pics in the other thread too! ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts