Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of them have come out in the past two years fo the women's final,but since Serena and Venus won't be there, I don't think you will see them at the final en mass. Even if Linsday and/or Jennifer make the final, that will be the case because the sister are popular outside of the tennis world. I do expect to see them at the men's final as I expect that an American will be in the final.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gregorian said:
I don't care about seeing a "celebrity".
All I care about is seeing a good final.
I'm sorry but women's tennis is so much more than the Williams sisters.
It is, but if you think the sisters won't be missed, look at my new thread titled: No Williams, No Sampras, No Reason To Watch. The writer of the article was harsh, but truthful, especially what she said about the women's part of the tournament.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26,637 Posts
  1. Venus and/or Serena are always good bets 2B in a final, great players, and will be missed in this tournament.
  2. This is about tennis, not ANY one (or two) particular players.
  3. If the celebrities don't care about TENNIS, fuck 'em.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
I believe it's something to do with acidic fruit of a certain nature, but the phrase has been repeated so many times it would be pointless for me to do so.

Gee, no celebrities you say? That's a shame, because occasional fleeting glimpses of Bill Murray and Paul McCartney were what really made my day at the 2001 US Open, hell, they were the only reason I tuned in anyway - who's interested in this tennis thing they've got going? I guess we'll just have to make do with watching the players for a change, eh?

Honestly, the piety, the sheer self-indulgent righteous tone of that first post... I hear there's a hospital ward full of sick orphans in Africa who are going to succumb to disease without the Williams sisters appearing in the Open. Never mind the fact that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would have been brought to a temporary halt to watch them contest the final in primetime... it's a crying shame, I tell you.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Gregorian said:
I don't care about seeing a "celebrity".
All I care about is seeing a good final.
I'm sorry but women's tennis is so much more than the Williams sisters.

Very true !
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
Since when have celebs made the world go round? What sort of world do you live in, anyway? Must be nice being so detached from reality . . .
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hendouble said:
I believe it's something to do with acidic fruit of a certain nature, but the phrase has been repeated so many times it would be pointless for me to do so.

Gee, no celebrities you say? That's a shame, because occasional fleeting glimpses of Bill Murray and Paul McCartney were what really made my day at the 2001 US Open, hell, they were the only reason I tuned in anyway - who's interested in this tennis thing they've got going? I guess we'll just have to make do with watching the players for a change, eh?

Honestly, the piety, the sheer self-indulgent righteous tone of that first post... I hear there's a hospital ward full of sick orphans in Africa who are going to succumb to disease without the Williams sisters appearing in the Open. Never mind the fact that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would have been brought to a temporary halt to watch them contest the final in primetime... it's a crying shame, I tell you.
I'll disregard the apparent racist tone of this post to say this:

If you don't like the post, don't post to the thread.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fyndh0rnElf said:
What racism???

Delirium...

Something about starving orphans in Africa bullshit.

Like his poist, it wasn't necessary, not in this thread.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Frankly, I don't really care about the celebrities. All they want is more camera time. I am wondering if there is going to be a night ladies final match. I believe, the Wiilliams are the reason for the night final. (that was cool)
I also doubt Diana Ross or Aretha will be singing the National anthem.
I miss Venus and Serena already
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,222 Posts
Yes, they are the reason for the night finals, and they were much more exciting with them. Now we're going watch two boring players playing the finals :rolleyes: On the finals..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gweeny said:
Frankly, I don't really care about the celebrities. All they want is more camera time. I am wondering if there is going to be a night ladies final match. I believe, the Wiilliams are the reason for the night final. (that was cool)
I also doubt Diana Ross or Aretha will be singing the National anthem.
I miss Venus and Serena already
You know, you make a good point. It isn't too late for them to make that channge.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
hell u fucks kill me, 1 you will be excited to see a cleb, but then the following year, when you know ahead of time that most likely you probably won't be seeing any at the open at all besides dumb fuck matt p, you gobble up the opportunity to make it sound like you could care less.

if you could care less than don't show you care in the past :)
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top