Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at History,it seems that every year, a top seed goes out in the first round.

Justine Henin made the final of wimbledon 2001 after losing in the first round the year before.

Venus lost in the first round in 2001 at Roland Garros and made the finals the next year.

Last year Justine exited the first round and is expected to make at least the semis this year.

This year it's Monica who has the honors of losing first round and I expect to see her in the finals of Roland Garros next year.........no need to feel sorry for her.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Interesting fact, thanks!

Reactions: maccardel

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hmmm well, I was pretty shocked when I saw the title of this thread...but what you said there is pretty interesting! :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I felt bad but also felt that next year, the champion she is, she will be back better than before. She is a competitor afterall. When she came back on tour she did win OZ and it takes moments like these to make a champion stronger.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
maccardel said:
Looking at History,it seems that every year, a top seed goes out in the first round.

Justine Henin made the final of wimbledon 2001 after losing in the first round the year before.

Venus lost in the first round in 2001 at Roland Garros and made the finals the next year.

Last year Justine exited the first round and is expected to make at least the semis this year.

This year it's Monica who has the honors of losing first round and I expect to see her in the finals of Roland Garros next year.........no need to feel sorry for her.
Very nice post. Thank you.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Thata actually cheered me up thanx:)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DJ Jayito said:
I always feel bad for Monica, because she was the #1 woman's player when that natzi german fan stabbed her! >:eek:
I always felt for her too but funny thing is, that incident is what made me a tennis fan in the first place. I was into tennis since it happened.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Nice post Mccardel. I'm still in complete shock! :sad:
I left the house and she was up 4-2 in the first. When I came back home, she was trailing 0-5 in the second. I was seriously about to cry my eyes out!!! :sad: :sad:

Deep inside, I just want Monica to be happy. But for selfish reasons, I wanted to see her go deep at RG.

Can't wait to see her kick ass in England in a few weeks. TAKE CARE & COME BACK STRONG MONICA! :worship:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was looking at the match and she was up and suddenly she stopped chasing balls and I knew something was wrong then. It's all good, just wished she take the time to have the surgery though. She is already a legend and like she said, she is playing for fun and I only want to see her have alot of fun out there. She will. she will, if I remember correctly, she defeated Hingis when no one thought she would, so I expect her to compete at her level once again....

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keith said:
Plus, Jen and Kim both lost round 1 in 2000 and both made finals in 2001
I forgot to mention this also, but thanks for reminding me though

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
interesting. :)