Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donna's first tournament of 2017 will be Brisbane international.

Her current position in the entry list suggests she'll most likely have to play the qualifying event, unless we get several withdrawals over the next few days.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
Four of the eight seeded Q's are already out by QR2 (Dodin, Hsieh, Falconi, Crawford) but there are still plenty of dangerous Q's left who could beat Donna (Bondarenko, BMS, Schiavone, etc.)

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
Plays Muhammad in R1. Much better than if she had drawn Krunic or BMS. The fourth possibility was Aiava, who has been playing out of her mind this weekend. So yeah, probably the best possible draw for Donna.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
She already lost once to Asia :( Hopefully this time she will manage to win and gain more haters on TF :facepalm:

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Donna had a great off season in Geneva. Positive results from the second half of this season have left their mark in both, motivation and her game."

...then faces #192 and:

4:1 -> 6:7, 1:6

·
Registered
14,531 Posts
Admittedly Asia played some good tennis there. Asia served very well, served and volleyed quite well too. Wasn't just Donna's fault.

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ Nevertheless, the difference of almost 100 ranking spots should've been enough to get Donna out of this one.

Majoli was also known for such implosions after tough first sets lost, but at least she had enough talent to still make a nice career. Donna can't afford that shit if she wants to go somewhere with tennis, besides to players parties.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Asia with a very high 1st serve %. And Donna in set 1 converted 2 of 2 BP opportunities. Situation reversed in set 2 with Asia converting 2 of 2 and Donna unable to save any of the BPs against her. :( Can be tricky going in cold against a qualifier I guess.

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stefkova qualified in Auckland by beating Concalves, Minella and Martincova. Afterwards she also put up a good fight against #20 Strycova, so I won't be holding my breath, especially if Donna comes out not feeling like playing some actual tennis.

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Donna defeats Stefkova 7:5, 6:2 - have to say I'm a bit surprised here, was ready for the worst already.

Next she faces Vania King.

GL!

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"Vekic giving a loudly-grunting Sakkari on the next court some side-eye. Up a set against Stefkova, despite the audible distraction." - Jimmie48 reports by Twitter. Lol, I can totally imagine the scene...

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Donna :cheer:

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
For a match with a straightforward-looking scoreline this was a big struggle. 4 aces, 9 DFs from Donna. A total of 27 BPs in the match. Donna played the big points better.

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts