Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably right. She (and Appelmans)discussed extensively the fear that has creeped into Serenas mind.

According to Dominique, the Williams advantage has gone except on the hard outdoor surfaces.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I have a feeling kim will win wimbledon. her forehand will rock like never before :D

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Honestly I don't see Kim winning Wimbledon, based on her previous results, but it would be great :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I dont think so , Id like Kim to win Wimbly but I just think Venus and Serena have the best chances on grass , but im not counting henin kim or davenport out!

·
Registered
12,546 Posts
i hope ypu're right......

i already dream of her holding that plate :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Can happen but I don't think so...
Conchi will slice off all her opponents :p
*wainting for the rain of critics that will come for sure* :p

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think that Kim will make it to the Wimbledon final this year and probably win it. I asked her about her ability to play on grass and she said that she feels a lot more confident on grass then on clay, she prefers grass and has a better chance to win Wimbledon then RG. It depends of course on her play level and her eager to win which will be important in the last rounds (probably against a Williams or Henin) but I think that she'll be very motivated to take that title. Justine's win at RG will take that motivation to a higher level.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
apparently some people seem to think there are only 4 players playing wimbledon :confused:

Reactions: Bella

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
keeping in mind all the things she said yesterday, dominique isnt such a great reference ;)

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do I spot an unjustified minority complex here ?
The Williams sisters are damages and the damage will be inflicted aggain !!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Kim probably won't win Wimbledon if she has to play a Williams sister anywhere along the way. Against everyone else in the draw (including Justine), she has a chance. It would be cool to have a third different GS champion this year though. Who better than Kim or Venus to do it? If Serena defends, that would be cool too IMO. It would be befitting of the world's No. 1 female tennis player to win the biggest title of the year - Wimbledon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Kim likes to play on grass and I really think she's motivated to take that title and to become number 1! Oh that would be fantastic!

·
Keeper of Secrets
8,970 Posts
so grass isn't a fast surface, wow you indeed learn something new everyday..........

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
If every player who had fear creep into their mind never won anything again, there would be no WTA Tour. Dominique is really reaching.

Fortunately, I am positive that the ACTIVE players know better than to write off either Serena or Venus. :)

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
"I have a feeling kim will win wimbledon. her forehand will rock like never before "

LOL it did that in the French final.

DVR, is now supposed to be some kind of authority on these matters? LOL I never remember her name being called in the latter stages of the Slams.

You guys are reaching for any thread that fuels your fantasies.

Reactions: CanIGetAWhat

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Venus and Serena are by-far the favourites. I don't care if it's their 1st tournament of the year or whether they are playing blindfolded, with their right hand tied to their back, it will be close to impossible to beat them.

Justine's a distant third and that's about it.

The Williams family have owned Wimbledon and the US Open since 2000 and 1999 respectively.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Josh said:
According to Dominique, there's actually 5 contenders : Williamsx2, Kim, Justine and Amélie. ;)
That's about the only thing she said that made sense.

Listen, people wrote off Venus even winning a Grand Slam in 2001 after her first round loss at the FO and we all know what happened. It's when you write either sister off is when they start coming back.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts