Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think dokic will fight her way back to the top she is a great player and has the talent what do you think? us is a good start....

·
Banned
365 Posts
Dokic is REALLY talented. (Besides the whole mental thing) she needs to ADD to her game...If she does that (and the mental thing) she will be top 5 material once again.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mexicotrip said:
Dokic is REALLY talented. (Besides the whole mental thing) she needs to ADD to her game...If she does that (and the mental thing) she will be top 5 material once again.
yeah i think you said the right words MENTAL GAME...but i also think top 5 once again...

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Dokić hits extremely hard from the baseline. And that's it. Occasional drop shot, too. If she's to return to top 5, she really has to do something to mix up her game.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I didn't realise Jelena went away!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Come on. Give her a break! So she's had a bit of a slumpish year. We all know she's talented. And tennis can be very mental. If she is distracted by other issues, then it can be hard for her to focus. Let her heal whatever wounds she might have and hope that she'll regain her top form. In the meantime, there are loads of other girls who are doing great. Go cheer them on for a while! :)

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joana said:
Dokić hits extremely hard from the baseline. And that's it. Occasional drop shot, too. If she's to return to top 5, she really has to do something to mix up her game.

dokic won 5 titles by hitting hard from the baseline its the menal game she needs to fix/////////

·
Banned
365 Posts
No question dokic should be better than she is (even with a baseline game) I am talking abut her taking the next step in her career...ala no.1-5.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
dokic is talented and i do think she will get back up there but i don't think she will slavage this season.

Reactions: vs1

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
yeah but her game is stagnating right now rad whilst the other girls have improved and added things to their arsenal. but i do agree that it is predominantly the mental side of her game letting her down rather than inability...cmon jelena

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Jelena should GET AWAY! It is painfully obvious that she doesn't get enjoyment from tennis right now. She plays every single week of the season and although I'm sure she loves to play, I think she needs to take some time off and enjoy life a bit. She needs to clear her head, take it slow and easy. Maybe take a month off or have a light schedule for a few months. Unless she does that, she will most likely continue her rapid descent. She is a poster girl for burn out if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
well i kinda agree keith but the fact jelena is losing at the start of each tournament i dont think she probably needs the break as much...

jelenas game is based on confidence as jelena has stated b4 and all it means is she needs to string together some good wins and she should be back up there.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Steve- :wavey:

Just because Jelena says that she needs confidence, does not necessarily mean that is truth. I know she is losing early, but maybe all the travelling and thinking has made her scatter-brained. A nice rest or possibly another interest in addition would be helpful for her. Just saying she needs a good win is wishful thinking. I've been saying that about Jen for a year. I love Jen and I KNOW she can get a good run together, but the longer she doesn't do it, the more realistic I am getting about it. With Jen, I dont think one win over a Williams or Belgian is what she needs. Back to Jelena, I don't think that she will get back up there the instant she gets a good win. She might, but when was the last time she even had 2 decent wins? I like Jelena, but she does need to just take a break because she is burning out. It might not be the tennis, but maybe the travel and all that goes with it.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dokic won 64 64 thats better.............

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
and over widjaja who nearlyu beat her at the beginning of the season....you can definately say jelenas game is top 20 calibre the past few tournaments which is WAY better than she started 2003

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
yeah we could say that she's improved at least a bit than when she was in a slump... but of course playing against angie it wasn't easy for her... this is what she said about the match:

"I think I had a slow start, but after that I played well," said Dokic. "She's not easy to play against, and the courts were a little different from the last few weeks, so it takes a lot to adjust to."

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
go dokic

·
Registered
34,672 Posts
Jelena has tons and tons of talent, and her serve has supposedly improved though I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet. The girl has beaten almost everybody and when she's confident and she's timing her flat bombs properly she is capable of sticking with anyone. The problem is her strokes don't have much margin for error, meaning she can play differently on different days. Some added spin and a boost of confidence will put Jelena firmly in the top ten where sh belongs...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts