Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stanford 2nd round these 2 play each other. both have had a very bad season so far (although that is normal for stevenson). who will win? dokic will probably get through imo but whoever gets through has a great chance to reach the semis in this event. they either have to play lucky loser alina jidkova or maria vento-kabchi. and even after that match there is a decent chance that their opponent in the semis won't be such a great player. capriati is the best player in that half and now that petrova is out imo she is basically already in the final of this tournament. really bartoli and raymond are the other 2 threats and they would have a good chance against dokic and stevenson in their current form but what are their chances against capriati? imo they won't get past jen although i think bartoli may trouble her at this early stage of the oturnament considering jen hasn't played a match yet (she had a bye in round 1) and marion has already played a match. but back to my main point, who will win? stevenson or dokic?

· Registered
2,965 Posts
As bad a year as Dokic has had, Stevenson's has been atrocious. Dokic should advance easy here but if it were a forgone conclusion they wouldn't bother to play the matches, right?

· Registered
4,406 Posts
Alex would dump Jelena...they're playing in the United State of Alex.:worship:

· Registered
6,094 Posts
Dokic will win 6-2 6-1.

· Registered
886 Posts
dokic to win 6-3 6-2
after a slow start
vamos Jelena drop the bad form and WIN WIN WIN

· Registered
5,685 Posts
in her last match Alex got taken to three sets by a player ranked somewhere in the netherworld (T. Ashley). i think that this will be an easy one for Dokic.

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Who knows with these two? Stevenson has a great record against Dokic but I guess that was back when they were in form.

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,957 Posts
I agree it won’t be easy for Jelena. Alex has already hard-court matches under her belt. So 1set will be close or Alex even will win it, but after that it should be all about Jelena. Jelena have been always struggling against big servers. Hopefully Jelena can push Alex going from side to side and Alex will start spraying those balls all over the places.

…and please Alex we don’t need 4 straight aces games like it was last year in Canada

· Registered
3,619 Posts
I think Dokic by 6-3 5-7 7-6 or some other difficult-looking scoreline. Her wins haven't come easy, so even unpredictable Stevenson may have a chance if she gets lucky with her serves or Jelena plays like shit.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Stevenson has not a chance in hell. She barely beat someone in the 1R ranked so low it is pathetic. Dokic has been spotty, but has had some decent hard court results this year (QFs a couple of times -NASDAQ100)

Dokic in 2 sets.

· Registered
8,951 Posts
"Stevenson may have a chance if she gets lucky with her serves "

How does one get "lucky" with thier serve? Serving is a skill.

· Registered
2,579 Posts
Well, I hope Dokic wins this by reputation. It will severely crush her ego if she plays even worse than Alex. But, assuming that both players are in good form in this match, I'd favor Jelena Dokic to win because I like her gameplay better.

· Registered
22,590 Posts
They always have great matches tention wise and stuff head to head to 2-2

Stevenson won last time!

I wouldn't be suprised if Stevenson won!

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,823 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:
Stevenson has not a chance in hell. She barely beat someone in the 1R ranked so low it is pathetic. Dokic has been spotty, but has had some decent hard court results this year (QFs a couple of times -NASDAQ100)

Dokic in 2 sets.
well..that's what people usually say about her when she plays J. Cap. And we all know that story ;). So maybe she does have a chance in hell :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.