Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both Blonde. Both did Significant things early. Both former top tenners. Both with supreme talent. Who is better? Who has more talent? Who would win???? Discuss!

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
Not really a comparison. Dokic has five tour wins, including two Tier I's (Rome and Moscow). Also, Dokic is healthy enough to play right now.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Jelena leads h2h 2-0

Jelena Dokic (YUG) vs. Anna Kournikova (RUS)
2000-04-29 Fed Cup (WG-RR) AUS vs. RUS Indoor Carpet RR Jelena Dokic (YUG) 6-7(3) 7-5 6-3
2002-07-29 San Diego Hardcourt SF Jelena Dokic (YUG) 6-7(6) 7-6(2) 6-0
Jelena Dokic (YUG) leads 2:0
Hard: Jelena Dokic (YUG) leads 1:0
Clay: Tied 0:0
Grass: Tied 0:0
Indoor: Jelena Dokic (YUG) leads 1:0

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
obviously anna is an unbelieveable doubles player whos been ranked no.1 and won grandslams so shes waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than jelena at doubles.

and jelena has 5 singles titles include some tier1s and a tier2. she also finished in the top ten in singles two consecutive years in a row which anna has never done. obviously jelena is much better at singles..

its that simple. theyve both achieved alot but both their games have headed south...

but i feel jelena will rebound cos she played good in her last two slams and seems to still be able to play a high standard, just need confidence

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Jeca stated just recently (even though her '03 results suck, and '02 was disappointing) that she did NOT want 2B judged as a sex object. While some old Anna quote that "Tennis isn't part of my life. It is my life." used to grace some members' sigs here, I'm still waiting for Anna to make a statement similar to Jelena's. BTW, I not only expect a pathetic attack from ajayres, Goldenlox, or both for telling this truth, but welcome it.

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Jeca stated just recently (even though her '03 results suck, and '02 was disappointing) that she did NOT want 2B judged as a sex object.
:lol: :haha:

That's because she CAN'T be a sex object or icon. Don't get me wrong, Jelena is a cute girl, however you will never see thousands of sex sites putting her on their front page, she's nowhere close to the sex appeal of Anna Kournikova. She simply doesn't have what it takes to be a sex icon like Anna.

Anna is HOT, Jelena is just CUTE. Even if Jelena wanted to become a sex icon, she wouldn't be able to.

·
Premium Member
26,690 Posts
I actually think Anna K is the more complete player.

Not that it really matters, you can't argue with the gap in singles results.

Their match last year summed it up to me - Kournikova was winning but couldn't win it.

Therein lies the difference - Jelena has more belief.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
The mental aspect is just as important as the talent. Anna volleys better that's it.

Forehand ; Dockic
Backhand ; Dockic
Serve; Dockic
Speed Anna
Volleys Anna
Ass Jelena
Tits Jelena
Titles Jelena 5 Anna ZERO!

Jelana wins skirts down.

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
Anna has more to her game but Dokic has used what she's got better. it's that simple

also Jelena is a very attractive girl. don't call her CUTE. CUTE is something like Hantuchova. she's not as good looking as Anna, but she is also very sexy

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SM said:
obviously anna is an unbelieveable doubles player whos been ranked no.1 and won grandslams so shes waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than jelena at doubles.

and jelena has 5 singles titles include some tier1s and a tier2. she also finished in the top ten in singles two consecutive years in a row which anna has never done. obviously jelena is much better at singles..

its that simple. theyve both achieved alot but both their games have headed south...

but i feel jelena will rebound cos she played good in her last two slams and seems to still be able to play a high standard, just need confidence
so because pam shriver has won more doubles grandslams than monica she is equal or better than monica as a player? I don't think so. In tennis its singles that defines any career of true importance where greatness is measured. Pam Shriver is no Monica Seles. Anna k Is no Jelena Dokic.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
so because pam shriver has won more doubles grandslams than monica she is equal or better than monica as a player? I don't think so. In tennis its singles that defines any career of true importance where greatness is measured. Pam Shriver is no Monica Seles. Anna k Is no Jelena Dokic.
I guess the main difference between Kournikova and Dokic is (or at least used to be) self confidence. Dokic was able to say her QF in 1999 was no fluke by reaching the SF in 2000. I think Anna has a problem with proving what she can do.

·
Registered
677 Posts
to me the only difference is that one is a player (dokic...even if this year doesn't seem so...),the other one is a stupid girl who has tried to be a player but now has chosen to do other...

·
Sabatini lover Forever
14,605 Posts
As a singles player.... Jelena Dokic
As a doubles player Anna Kournikova

This is pretty much the comparisson between Steffi Graf and Martina Navratilova.. Steffi tops her in singles and Martina is better in doubles..

About their games comparisson, its hard to pick, i think they both hard hitters, they love to go for broke (sometimes crazy tennis), probably Anna has a little better variety but Dokic was a little more consistent (predictable too) about her game.
As a fan i rather watch Anna play her best tennis, than Jelena`s.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.