Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.jelena-online.com

While Jelena spent the last few weeks fixing some things on the court, it seems that she managed to find some time to fix things off the court.

On January 3rd, Jelena filed a lawsuit with the Hillsborough County, against Octagon Marketing and Athlete Representation. Although all details are unclear, Octagon is accused of witholding money from Jelena, while improperly taking fees. Jelena is also angered that Octagon continues to take part in her private negotiations without her permission.

The 2nd youngest athlete ever signed by Octagon at just 14 years old, Jelena and Octagon have had a seemingly happy relationship with the occasional disagreement. Jelena is unhappy at a contract drawn up when Jelena was 16, which Damir and Lilijana signed as Jelena was a minor.

Jelena argues that she is unhappy with the treatment she has received from Octagon and that her and her parents didn’t fully know the extent of the contract that was signed. Arguing that Octagon has breached it’s contract, Jelena has declined to re-sign with the company, instead choosing to be represented independently.

Jelena’s lawyers have advised her to remain tight lipped on the issue however it seems that the termination of her contract with Octagon will give her some closure on the controversies that have surrounded Jelena off the court.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Uh-oh

Hope this doesn't affect Dokic's game. Having a stressful time "off-court" can definitely correlate to one's on-court game. C'mon Jelena.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
More drama from the drama queen of them all.

·
25,594 Posts
I usually don't stick up for Dokic, but this is just the same-old money game in tennis. There is hardly a woman I know of in recent years who hasn't sued AND been sued by her management company. I think at one point Steffi Graf had THREE companies "representing her". We're talking about sharks(Octagon) dealing with sharks(Jelena's parents) here.

Hopefully Jelena will have her share of the pie after lawyers and everyone else takes their cut:)

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
So many weeks without her name being mentioned in the press...Guess she got desperate and lonely

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Note: This hasn't been in the press, it's an exclusive story by jelena-online so you're wrong on that point Adrian.

Also, notice how all 3 negative comments were made by Australians........sour grapes? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
What czechfan said.

Basically Dokic wouldn't be Dokic if there wasn't something <i> other </i> than tennis occupying her.

I just think this kind of stuff follows her around, I'm not necessarily blaming.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jelena is not the bad girl trying to get attention she is made out to be.

Its not like she sueing a clothing company for injuring her. That be a cry for more attention, wouldnt it????

Plus this contract was signed by her parents not Jelena. If she is unhappy why shouldnt she waive her commitments to them? It is her right. Be fair on her.

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
Actually babsi it is Dokics' official website ... Roshan was given notification by head, jelenas sponsers.

I think Roshan did a good job at this website & i hope jelena can come and post a message once in a while!! :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Of course the website it official, it is "proudly sponsored by Head" *giggles*

Instead of practicing, Dokic is using her time for other stuff. Omg Jelly do not lose your focus. We all miss your groundies and grunt on the court :p

:kiss:

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This article isn't so controversial.

It's just informing Jelena fans of what Jelena is currently doing.

Caio: She has been practising VERY hard, this is something her lawyers are handling.

Babsi: Official sites sometimes don't tell an objective story. Our aim is to give stories objectively and with the facts. Those are the facts. I doubt you have the right to laugh at others, I suppose the fact your sites have gotten noweher must be hurting. Or could it be the work of your conniving wife/partner/pet etc.

Yeah, talking about doubles standards, I remind people of a certain lawsuit against Sergio Tacchini which involved a certian top player.

This has certainly not been in the news, just on Jelena's site, that's it, so if that's asking for attention, then Jelena has pretty much failed.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Where did I criticise your site???

I will believe that you run the official site when I actually read an article on a news agency like yahoo, aol etc etc.

Also IF (and a big if) that it is her official site, isn't Jelena contradicting herself by announing it on the site when her lawyers told her to remain tight-lipped on the issue?

You can criticse my sites if you feel fit to, but really you have no basis for the statement they have gotten nowhere, because you have no clue on any feedback or I receive or any sponsorship I receive for it (which I am getting). So don't comment on something you know nothing about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts