Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant even start with her. She should have won that match today again Rubin. She was in totall control of it, she had 28 winners and 50 unforced errors which is basically saying shes dictating play. Hallajula she will drop in the rankings so she wont get anymore Byes because a 17-19 record doesn't deserve a bye. Also the #12 ranking doesn't either, but that will be changing after this week!!!!!!! As her ranking will plummet :) :) :0 :) ")!!!!!!! There are far better players with better attitudes to the game who are wanting to win and who are. And they need to be ranked ahead of her. Rubin is a quality player but cmon she had that match in her palm. Will she ever get it together?? I dont think so.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
your just realizing how pathetic she is now? LOL

And I doubt she was dictating play the whole match...those stats just show that she can't execute.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rubin Reaches Acura Classic Quarterfinals

Sixth-seeded Chanda Rubin lost the first set of her third-round Acura Classic match in only 20 minutes, but rebounded to eliminate ninth-seeded Jelena Dokic of Yugoslavia, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 on Stadium Court at the La Costa Resort and Spa.

Dokic began the match by playing nearly flawless tennis as she hit 12 winners and broke Rubin’s serve twice in easily winning the first set.

However, Rubin broke Dokic early in the second set for a 4-1 lead and went on to win the set 6-3.

Dokic could not keep up the level of her game as the unforced errors began to creep into her game.

In the third set, Dokic double-faulted twice and was broken in the first game. Rubin broke serve again in the fifth game to go up 4-1.

Rubin withstood a brief rally by Dokic and went on to serve out the match at 5-4 as the Yugoslavian netted two backhand service returns at 30-30.

“I just had to weather the storm a little bit (in the first set) and just try to get on the board in the second set,” Rubin said. “I knew that was the most important thing in the second.

Dokic lost the match despite hitting 28 winners compared to 18 for Rubin.

“She came out hitting the ball and playing well,” Rubin said. “Going into the end of the second set and beginning of the third set, I felt like I had a little bit more rhythm in the match.”

Rubin advances to the quarterfinals, where she will play the winner of the Lindsay Davenport / Lina Krasnoroutskaya match.
Length of match: one-hour and 13 minutes.
Rubin converted on 4 of 4 break point opportunities.
Rubin improves to 3-1 in career head-to-head meetings with Dokic.
Rubin’s 2003 match record improves to 33-10.
This is the first time Rubin has reached the quarterfinals in nine Acura Classic appearances.
Rubin is ranked eighth in the world.
Dokic was making her third Acura Classic appearance.
Dokic had 50 unforced errors in the match.
Dokic was runner-up at the 2002 Acura Classic. Her record here falls to 6-3.
Dokic is now 17-19 in 2003.
Dokic is ranked 12th in the world.

Rubin only had 18 winners so you can say that. Not to mention forced errors

·
Banned
908 Posts
fried_beans said:
your just realizing how pathetic she is now? LOL

And I doubt she was dictating play the whole match...those stats just show that she can't execute.
Why r u people so mean? Dokic has the saddest life of all girls on tour and u keep hammering her!

She crushed Rubin in the 1st set like she would have crushed her in the 2nd if she hadn't all the problems she has in her personal life. You're right, life's a bitch, you better get a helmet. At least as long as people like u are around

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
I think the uber-babe will be doing topless calendars for CK Boi & Co. quite soon. Then I'll do a troll that their stock price... :devil:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fyndh0rnElf said:
Why r u people so mean? Dokic has the saddest life of all girls on tour and u keep hammering her!

She crushed Rubin in the 1st set like she would have crushed her in the 2nd if she hadn't all the problems she has in her personal life. You're right, life's a bitch, you better get a helmet. At least as long as people like u are around

What!!!! OK So her emotional problems made her lose the 2nd set. Well how in the hell did she crush her in the 1st set. Her problems werent in the way then so whyd they get in the way in the 2nd set? huh? Desperate for answers

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Thank you! You cant blame everything on emotional problems...people have been through worse... Monica, Corina, Sonya to name a few and they dont make excuses.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
I thought she played pretty well today against a quality player... I mean sure she lost but she has so many WORSE losses this year that a three setter with Chanda. It just shows me that she still has game in her, she just need to work on it some more..

·
Banned
908 Posts
fried_beans said:
Thank you! You cant blame everything on emotional problems...people have been through worse... Monica, Corina, Sonya to name a few and they dont make excuses.
Nobody made excuses you dummy. She doesn't blame her losses on her problems

I just said u were being rude

And jbone I'm not desperate for answers, you are. You're the one who loves dokic but denies it every time she loses, like she let you down or something.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fyndh0rnElf said:
Nobody made excuses you dummy. She doesn't blame her losses on her problems

I just said u were being rude

And jbone I'm not desperate for answers, you are. You're the one who loves dokic but denies it every time she loses, like she let you down or something.

I do love dokic and when she loses she lets me down and................?????

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
"She crushed Rubin in the 1st set like she would have crushed her in the 2nd if she hadn't all the problems she has in her personal life. "

Sounds like an excuse to me :confused: are u slow or something?

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fried_beans said:
"She crushed Rubin in the 1st set like she would have crushed her in the 2nd if she hadn't all the problems she has in her personal life. "

Yeah exactly.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
I cant even start with her. She should have won that match today again Rubin. She was in totall control of it, she had 28 winners and 50 unforced errors which is basically saying shes dictating play. Hallajula she will drop in the rankings so she wont get anymore Byes because a 17-19 record doesn't deserve a bye. Also the #12 ranking doesn't either, but that will be changing after this week!!!!!!! As her ranking will plummet :) :) :0 :) ")!!!!!!! There are far better players with better attitudes to the game who are wanting to win and who are. And they need to be ranked ahead of her. Rubin is a quality player but cmon she had that match in her palm. Will she ever get it together?? I dont think so.
I don't see how losing to Rubin could make Dokic pathetic. I see if she had lost to Alex(who is a fav of mine) or Kournikova then she would be considered sad........not taking anything away from those players. Also on the tour the idea of playing week in and week out is to compete....you can lose anytime, if her losing makes her sad then all players are sad in some sense cos someone has to lose in order to win and everyone don't win everytime.......

Reactions: Mase

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Thank you Mac....

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Well last time I checked Chanda was still a top 10 player, so how come losing to her is pathetic? It's true, Jelena is playing much worse now than she was last 2 years, but her life is messed up, she changed her coach twice and it's normal her game is suffering.

·
Banned
908 Posts
fried_beans said:

You're da 1 who seems to be slow. I said she didn't make excuses, like Monica didn't make up excuses etc(not that i didnt!). I did point out the why of this slump, but it's not like I'm "desperate to find the reasons" because I already know them(it). Jbone is the one who goes insane and insults Dokic while saying he likes her very much.

I personally would like her to go back to her self, like hantuchova, because both are struggling for different reasons, and that's pretty awful to watch, you know, where they were and where they r right now.

No need to bash a player because she loses, SPECIALLY if u consider yourself a fave(jbone)!

chill... and respect Dokic plz

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
She doesnt give people much to respect... Not with her personality or her tennis

·
Banned
908 Posts
fried_beans said:
She doesnt give people much to respect... Not with her personality or her tennis
Well that's something I don't agree, but then, could I, if I wanted to, convince you of the opposite? And I suppose people r too busy hating some1 because of something they heard...

Dokic is straightforward: she always speaks her mind and doesn't care about the media. But she is extremely nice towards non media people and she is known to be loved by everyone on tour. That's right. At the players party they all got around her and hugged her all at the same time and stuff. She is a very sweet person. Believe it or not.

And on her game: I'm not even going to comment because it's there, enjoy it if u want to (when she's on)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The thing is, she is NEVER on! lol and isnt she the girl that called little kuti kis not a real player and never will be? What did Rita do to deserve that?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts