Registered
54,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is a former champion there :weirdo:

Good luck in the ITF :tape:

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
That's a shame, but as long as she is playing I'm happy.

Her WTA record since AO hasn't been all that great so perhaps it is not a bad idea to step down for a week. 100K's have pretty strong fields anyway. Good luck Jelena :D

·
-
26,864 Posts
jeez :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
oh no :eek: and she loves rome, too :sad: anyways if you are going there: WIN IT! :lol:

·
Registered
54,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean, I suppose she is playing Bucharest. I only know she was in both tournaments entry lists and she withdrew from Rome but not from Bucharest. Maybe she decides to withdraw from Bucharest next week or something...

·
Premium Member
105,079 Posts
Reasonable decision.

Her Post-AO performance is not that good, really. Going to Rome would only be another 1r/2r loss to her.
Bucharest? If she is on she might win big.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Good move for Jelena in an attempt to get her confidence back.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Good decision to play there. Then she can get some match practice even vs. lower ranked players which can give her confidence!

·
Registered
47,995 Posts
Good. She would have to play qualies in Rome and since she is playing Fed Cup in Australia a week before she wouldnt have enough time to switch from grass to clay :yeah:

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
But Bucharest is on clay as well... But it's good to get some practice!

·
Dubai Love
52,429 Posts
Wise decision, she is probably low on confidence lately and instead of having a potential first round loss in Rome, she wants to play the ITF:p

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think playing the 100K is a great idea. Get some wins and points!
However, I dont think her performance post AO has been that bad. Obviously, she was on a hot streak at the Open and had some major wins. However, since then she really only has one inexcusable loss (Craybas). She won her Fed Cup matches and then qualified in Memphis but played crappy against Wozniacki and then in Miami Dokic took her to three sets. The girl is on the verge of the top 10 and has had an impressive year so far, nothing to be too ashamed of if you ask me.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
I'm disappointed with this decision as she's a former champ:sad:!

Doubt she'll play the 100K but if she does I hope she wins it;)!

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
Still not confirmed that she plans to play the 100K, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she pulled out of that as well.

I just want her to play anywhere, I don't even care anymore. Bring on Fed Cup. :eek:

·
Registered
54,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still not confirmed that she plans to play the 100K
It is confirmed that she plans to play it as she is in the entry list, having withdrawn from all the other tournaments that week. If she finally plays there or not that's another story :lol:

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
I don't know why people are being so dramatic about Dokic's form. She was always going to have a let down after the Australian Open (she said that herself). In any case she's lost 3 matches (2 against a player who been winning more than anyone in Wozniacki (one bad, one tight) and the other to an in form Craybas).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts