Tennis Forum banner

What's Dokic most humiliating loss so far?

• Lisa Raymond def. Jelena Dokic 6-4 6-2 at Tokyo

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Eleni Daniilidou def. Jelena Dokic 6-1 6-3 at Paris

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Ai Sugiyama def. Jelena Dokic 7-5 5-7 6-3 at Antwerp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meghann Shaughnessy def. Jelena Dokic 6-4 6-2 at Scottsdale

• Barbara Rittner def. Jelena Dokic 6-1 5-7 6-3 at Indian Wells

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Kim Clijsters def. Jelena Dokic 6-2 6-0 at Miami

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Paola Suarez def. Jelena Dokic 6-3 6-3 at Sarasota

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Serena Williams def. Jelena Dokic 6-2 6-2 at Charleston

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Conchita Martinez def. Jelena Dokic 6-4 3-6 7-5 at Rome

• Karolina Sprem def. Jelena Dokic 7-5 1-6 6-3 at Strasbourg

Votes: 40 43.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You pick.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Sprem! I know Karolina is good and has beaten other good players, but Jelena is top 10, and should not loose to player outside the top 100.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I would say her 62 60 loss to Clijsters. Although Clijsters is no. 2 in the world, it really shows that Jelena, even at tenth, has a LONG way to go.

·
Registered
32,311 Posts
well, sprem did beat zvonareva and is in the finals...

jelena has had very bad draws all year

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
croat123 said:
well, sprem did beat zvonareva and is in the finals...

jelena has had very bad draws all year

dude, you got to be shitting!

bad draws all year?
I rather say she has no game all year.
Yes, she faced good players, big deal, she is top 10, shouldn't lose to those people. now she is losing consistently. Who should Dokic face for you to consider it a easy draw? Nancy? ;)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I feel bad for Dokic. Hopefully she can pull it together soon. She's been through so much (and she's hot)

·
Registered
11,967 Posts
If Sprem had lost to Matevzic or Vera I would say: Sprem...but the girl reached the final...
so I picked her loss to Kim... that showed me really how much Kim has improved...and Jelena...eum stayed at 'her' level.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Sprem has really been on a roll lately and has taken out some good players..so I picked her loss to Kim as the worst.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I'd say her lost to Rittner. I mean what has Barbara done lately cept for that win? :confused:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Loss to Sprem.

Loss to Kim was bad, but she's not expected to beat her. Jelena is top ten - losing to Sprem is a massive defeat, no matter how up and coming she is.

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
I'd say Kim and Lisa. Kim just because she got absolutely trashed and lost 10 games in a row. With Lisa, it's not that she lost, but HOW she lost. She tanked the second set, half-heartedly running down shots, swatting away senselessly, and clearly wanting to be anywhere but on a tennis court.

I would have said Sprem, but she proved she is not a one hit wonder with her follow up wins.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Her latest loss to Sprem.

I mean, Sprem is in the 100s, and is up and coming. Has no match experience, and Dokic should have beat an inexperienced played. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
no single loss is particularly humiliating IMO. the humiliation comes from the sum total of her year so far. but in a sense i am not surrpised bec she has been playing too much the past two years and it was bound to catch up with her. also her side-to-side bashing game has not changed a whit, while other players have emerged who can do more with the ball.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I voted for Sperm. As did most others.

Great analysis from TC! :D Jelena never really changed her game. She is a baseline basher in women's tennis that has alot of baseline bashers who are bigger and stronger than Jelena. And Jelena's schedule the past 2 years was far too crowded for her own good. And she's had to learn the hard way.

·
Banned
151 Posts
i dont think ne of them were humilating... every1 nos that dokic can beat ALL of those players quite convincingly and u must take into account family problems that probably affected her tennis!

and humiliating really isn't the right word coz jelena just gave away most of those matches...

y not start a poll on her strengths instead? :D

·
Banned
368 Posts
some of you guys should focus more on the + side,
like terminating Magui's clay winning streak,
like beating Elena D on clay right before Elena's
Tier II title run,
like owning a Tier I title already before Kim did,
like a nice record in 02.......

so its not like she sucks or anything,
never falling out of TOP 10 for like