Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Veelieve!!!
32,889 Posts
Wow!! 3 tournaments in Florida... That's GREAT! Sarasota is about an hour and a ½ from where I live, so I'll probably head to the finals if tickets are still available... :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
:D :D :D Great news! But I hope this time she's REALLY 100% fit, no tournament is worth risking aggravating old injuries, especially not small tournaments like this one :rolleyes: Anyway, go Jelena :D

·
Premium Member
182,144 Posts
As far as i know Jelena is the only top 10 player there
its a Tier 4 event.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Pff Why is she entering a Tier 4?! Omg!

Probably because she wants to add one more trophy to her collection...

What could she earn on the rankings? 100 points? Probably her 18th tournament results is bigger than that...

:eek: ;)

·
Veelieve!!!
32,889 Posts
Jelena lives in Florida sometimes... Could it be that she was asked to play there and accepted?? In this doggy dog tennis world players have to do whatever they feel is necessary to stay at the top considering how often they get injured... A tournament is a tournament regardless of how many points it's worth.. It's time to stop second guessing players :p

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Well, a reason is that she lives in Florida. She should play Indian Wells, will definitely be in Miami and she's had a couple of weeks rest here so she wants to play another event and it's right in her backyard.

Also, I think it's good for the event and Jelena should pick up this title.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Its still matches under her belt and good practice, seeing she hasnt had many this year:p

·
63,709 Posts
PFFFFF!

She should not entered the event because I want let someone who lower ranked or never won titles before, to win the event!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Also now since Jelena is out of Scottsdale, that's another week of rest.

She hasn't played a lot lately so it'll be a good place for her to get some matches and probably take the title.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Yay!Marys playing there!Good luck to both of you!;)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Does this girl have any common sense? She's coming back from an injury, then she just expects to play about 8 weeks in a row?

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Babsi for sure.....shed be vulnerable after her injury maybe?

but chances are Jelena will win without too much effort ,its tier4...she really could challenge for tier1s and 2s these days

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Disposable: Good point, I was thinking the same thing at first but when you think about it, it may be a good move. She';s played 5 singles matches this year, unable to finish 1 and lost another. We've seen by her win over Monica and Elena that given she is moderately fit, she'll do great things this year. Now she's out of Scottsdale and might play Indian Wells. The Sarasota Open is in her backyard and it'll give her to get some good match practise. Shaughnessy is there and she's always tough but I'd think that Jelena *SHOULD* be able to come through the field.

Also, Jelena hasn't committed to any tournaments after Sarasota except the German Open so we'll see what happens. She likes playing a lot of matches so she wants to be matchfit before the clay season starts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts