Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I know she hasn't been playing well, but this is a big fall over the last 2 weeks, she is 15 at the moment. She has 118 points for a semi final performance to defend next week and then it gets tougher with 192 points to defend for another SF in Toronto which is currently her best result. With LA's points off last year's US Open becomes her a7th result giving her 1457 points.

Then taking Toronto (montreal) points off she has 1303 points (Vienna becoming her 17th result) dropping her to approximately 24 in the rankings.

Going into the Open she could be outside the top 20, which would give her one yucky looking draw, with a top player in round 3 :eek:

·
63,615 Posts
You will survive with it, anyway :) Forget about the ranking and let's focus on winning matches ;)

·
Banned
327 Posts
AlexSydney said:
You will survive with it, anyway :) Forget about the ranking and let's focus on winning matches ;)
yikes. but she is young and next year is hopefully better.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
yes she'll take 3 major blows in the next 2 weeks, but after that she get a free pass since she literally has nothing to defend until the end of the year champs, and it seems like her game is coming back more and more

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
YAY IM sooo happy. She totally deserves her ranking!!!!! 17-19. 19 loses #19!!!. Not to mention that she has SF from Los Angeles and Toronto and she would need more than god to defend that. She will be out of the Top 20!!! People (WITH WINNING RECORDS) deserve to be ahead of her.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
id like to see jelena play a top player in r3 of the us open. r3 is still one round better than last year if she can do it and well get to see her on tv....besides jelena has no chance to take out a top player in the 2nd week of proceedings.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
Going into the Open she could be outside the top 20, which would give her one yucky looking draw, with a top player in round 3 :eek:
Hahahaha, she won't reach the 3rd round at all.
I hope she falls as low as possible!

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Well no offence but the way Jelena is playing this year a top 30 place is generous!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
jelena had a very bad patch in early 2000 where she lost top kuti-kis and alot of people were claiming it would be the demise of dokic. well, DAILY REMINDER: Jelena has been known to have these patches and crawl her way out!

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well in the scheme of things Dokic's drop in the ranks doesn't look so bad when you compare it to Daja's :sad: She is 63 at the moment and has to defend all her decent results over the next month and post US Open could ifnd herself out of the top 100 :sad: :sad: Cause I really don't see her defending her points in LA, Montreal and the US Open. It has all been down hill for Daja since splitting with her Dad as coahc, does any9one know if she is injured??? Or something cause she doesn't seem to be playing very well at all at any point this year :sad: :sad:

Hope she can come back

·
Registered
260 Posts
in the race to the championships, where only results from 2003 count, Jelena is 25.

and thats the disappointing spot she will probably have, if she does not improve her game.

but she is still above players like Pierce, Sharapova, Pistolezi, Schnyder or Seles, and did only play 2 Grand Slams.

+ she really is too talented to stay there for long

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Jelena will start to freefall, because she no longer has an 18th best tournament of any value.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Jelena will be back! She just has to sort things out and clear her head
Go Jelena

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,023 Posts
tommystar said:
Such hostility!

Oh well, good luck Jelena for the rest of the year! Hopefully you can pick up some points over the next few weeks. She seems to have picked her game up a little the last few weeks, hopefully she can keep it up!

·
Registered
20,784 Posts
I really hope she can come back :sad: But it's been a pretty long time since she played a good tournament now :sad: i'm starting to lose fait a little bit :sad:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
She won't make LA this year so those points are off.
And with her lower seeding at the slams or at any tournament next year, she'll most likely start facing seeds very early.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,007 Posts
Yeah Glenn having “fun” again.

Interesting when that guy started to hate her? It was probably last time when Jelena had win over Henin when irreversible mental damage was done to this guy. I hoped that time could cure that, bcoz hate will never do any good in long term. :sad:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
tommystar said:
Petersmiler said:
Such hostility!
Sorry, my friend, but what should I say about a player, who blame always the opponents, the conditions when she lost?
Her behavior is the most unfair, unsportswomanlike in the whole sportswolrd.

What did she say when she lost to Kuti Kis at the OZ 2000?
What did she say when she was drawn to Davenport at the OZ 2001?
What did she say when she lost to Mandula at the French 2001?
What did she say about the graetest champion of all-times at Eastbourne last year?
What did she say when she played against Weingärtner in Berlin? "It was a close match because she is German and we are in Germany."
And how many matches did she won this year, and how many lost...?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts