Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
🐟🐟
4,821 Posts
That's strange though, as it is still listed as Plexicushion Prestige.
Plexicushion Prestige is the name of the product, it doesn't represent any particular court pace rating (despite it being listed as category 3 MEDIUM on the ITF website). In reality, as a tournament director, you can choose anything from Plexicushion Prestige category 1 SLOW to Plexicushion Prestige category 5 FAST.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Is it just me or Doha's new blue courts look clearly faster than their purple courts in the previous years?
Petra to slay those like Radwa or Svitolina in her draw with this kind of help.
Yes, because Aga has such a poor record on fast surfaces. What was their previous match like... two delicious breadsticks if my memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yes, because Aga has such a poor record on fast surfaces. What was their previous match like... two delicious breadsticks if my memory serves me correctly.
Radwanska is nowhere near the level she was two years ago, and it heavily depends on Petra, anyway. She can both win and lose convicingly.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Radwanska is nowhere near the level she was two years ago, and it heavily depends on Petra, anyway. She can both win and lose convicingly.
I still believe Petra is just as inconsistent as Aga despite Petra’s recent win. If they do meet Aga to win. The outdoor conditions favour Aga.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I still believe Petra is just as inconsistent as Aga despite Petra’s recent win. If they do meet Aga to win. The outdoor conditions favour Aga.
Kvitova will likely be approaching the top ten by the time RG rolls around. Her slump has a lot more to do with her attack than a consistent lack of form. She's been up and down, sure, but that's nothing new. She'd more than likely be top ten however with a full schedule, and the same can't be said for Aga.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
:lol: I clicked on this sure that people were going to be talking about how slow the court is. :happy: Hmmm . . .

Reactions: ce

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Aga after her match vs Barthel

"The conditions were tricky. It's really windy out here and were playing on a really slow surface"

·
Registered
9,079 Posts

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
It seems to relate to the Australian Open speed just about. Considering the men play Doha pre-Australian Open, and I don't think they would rip up the court surface and lay down a new one, it probably is close to Melbourne.

Reactions: Pris

·
Registered
20,783 Posts
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
1 - 20 of 21 Posts