·
Registered
84,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
OMG! Rest up girl!

If I was her, I would pamper myself while my abductor is healing because there obviously a lot of hard work has gone..

Take all your time and come back strongly at IW, I will cheer for you (unless you are playing a signature girl)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Not stunned, but man, AVU will be mad at herself. Will be really curious to see if this is precautionary, an excuse to cover fatigue, or legitimate strain.

See you in Indian Wells! Enjoy the 16ish days off! You've earned the break, and you've earned the benefit of the doubt that it's precautionary more than anything else.

·
Registered
84,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not stunned, but man, AVU will be mad at herself. Will be really curious to see if this is precautionary, an excuse to cover fatigue, or legitimate strain.

See you in Indian Wells! Enjoy the 16ish days off! You've earned the break, and you've earned the benefit of the doubt that it's precautionary more than anything else.
She played a lot of tennis this season so very understandable... AVU has to blame herself not be able to beat a tired like hell player.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Incidentally, Barty with a pick-up of 190 points with one win! Nearly a 2500 point lead on #2 Halep.

:lol:

Either Muguruza or Yastremska for a spot in the SF, neither of which is a gimme. Hopefully she can keep sharp even with a day off, don't love going into a match against a big hitter without matches under her belt.

Would LOVE a Barty-Jabeur SF.

·
Milk and honey
3,302 Posts
Title says it all. Already off the OOP released for tomorrow and many news sources have it confirmed directly.

The right decision for her body, but AVU will probably have an eye roll at that one. You could say it's a shame we don't get a Rybakina-Barty match as in her current form it might be closer than their AO match, but if she already had to withdraw then it looks like there was little point in Elena dragging her body out there for a (12th?) match in a couple of weeks. Elena can finally kick her feet up now, take a well earned rest and resume training next week for Indian Wells!

·
Milk and honey
3,302 Posts
Just realised there's already a thread about this, I went looking for it and couldn't find it which is why I made one. Mods, please delete this thread or merge my OP with the other thread. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Elena looked done in at the end her match with AVU. A win for the points, though the spectators will now miss out on a match.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Elena looked done in at the end her match with AVU. A win for the points, though the spectators will now miss out on a match.
Yeah. She sat on the chair for a whole lot of time after the match had finished. Thought she would probably withdraw.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Rybakina looked physically and mentally drained in the last two matches. She had all the enthusiasm of a lowest level long time bookkeeper, as she was just grinding thru the job.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Barty lost in the Doubles in R1 too..so lots of twiddling thumbs, raking up points and counting the cash! Good job if you can get it- good for her!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts