Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pera was absolutely horrific.

C-grade basher, nothing more. No semblance of point construction or variety or a serve. I mean... I've watched her many times and every single time it seems like she just makes UE after UE after UE

Her serve today was absolutely tragic. Dropped one service game to love with 4 consecutive DFs.

Bernarda was so bad I can't even gauge Karolina's form from this match, tbh.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
What has happened to Pera? Seems like she is only good for defeating Konta.

But good result. Signature girl is alive and kicking.

·
Registered
22,977 Posts
bernie is a cute girl, but that's pretty much it. no tennis brains at all, not even remotely. penko would be proud tho.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Garcia lost to this 3 and 1 :oops:

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
This was competitive for the first few games, then....

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Karo (y)
A little worried about Karo's performance in the beginning of this match
but very easy win in the end
I didn't imagine such a one-sided match at that point

·
Registered
206 Posts
Garcia lost to this 3 and 1 :oops:
One thing I've noticed about Garcia in her slump is that she is consistently being blasted off the court by streaky players. It seems that she either doesn't have the level of play or the aura to actually put pressure on these players and force their inconsistencies to come to the fore. I watched her match at Wimbledon against Zhang and thought the same thing. Zhang redlined massively in that match, particularly in set 2, and Garcia was utterly helpless to do anything against it. But I can't help but feel that Zhang wouldn't have gotten to that point if Garcia had been able to put some doubt in her mind. Similar for Pera, who utterly wilted against Pliskova today only a day after dispatching Garcia without a second thought.

Unfortunately for Caro she's been in a long but gradual slump for a while now and people love to play slumping players. Caro in particular is error-prone, which takes the pressure off the opponent to win the match themselves, and she doesn't have the elite offense to occasionally steal a surprising win (so there's no fear factor like with e.g. Ostapenko). I'd be looking at a match against her as a chance to pick up good points too, if I was someone like Pera. Garcia needs to do something about that perception if she's going to turn things around.

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
Ugh,much more talented girl lost. Didnt saw match,but saw serving stat and seems Bernie had off day. I wouldnt say surprising..(as she has crazy peak but also can be crazy off) ,but I expected much more on these slower hard courts .

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
Ugh,much more talented girl lost. Didnt saw match,but saw serving stat and seems Bernie had off day. I wouldnt say surprising..(as she has crazy peak but also can be crazy off) ,but I expected much more on these slower hard courts .

·
Registered
997 Posts
bernie is a cute girl, but that's pretty much it. no tennis brains at all, not even remotely. penko would be proud tho.
correct, i've also named bernada the hottest choker, unfortunately she's good at that too.

i've never seen karo look so happy on court, lots of smiles, coach savchuk must be breaking the bot.

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts