·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Indian Wells is just around the corner

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
44,454 Posts
Fantastic win for Anna! :yeah: :inlove: She has really had three really strong scorelines (although one was ret.) Hopefully she can do well against most likely Mladenovic. :)

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Reactions: duhcity

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Well done Blinky! :cool::D:worship:

but WTF is wrong with Vesnina? :unsure:

Lena had a cold today (sniffle sniffle). Not sure that entirely explains her results for the last 11 months mind you.

Vesnina did really well to post two good years and achieve a career-high ranking but now I see a slow but gradual decline.
Possibly. But we are talking about one of the most streaky players in the history of tennis.

I'm still hoping for a couple more random runs before retirement.

But well done to Blinky - kept her composure really well today. Been an excellent tournament for her already:cheer: :cheer:

·
Registered
114,478 Posts
Her win at IW was the high point in her singles career, and sent her into an 11 month (so far) tailspin
At least she won Wimbledon doubles, so her 2017 had huge career peaks
But she is still in her Stephens-like stage of recalibrating, and for Vesnina and Puig, they might never recover

·
Registered
20,783 Posts
IW is coming :unsure:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Worst PM winner EVER. Without IW points, she'd be ranked around #45, which is even too generous for her current level.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Blink seems slimmer than before and I still think she needs a walking session or something to improve her movement. Young fine hitter to see along with Kuzmova.

·
Banned
22,487 Posts
Everyone keeps talking about Vesnina's Indian Wells points falling off, but the WTA is so unpredictable these days, would it surprise anyone if she repeated there? I mean, Mladenovic lost 15 matches in a row, yet went back to St. Petersburg as defending champion and reached the final.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Well that was very bad from Vesnina :rolleyes: Blinkova didn't have to push herself and a more solid player would have fed bakery stuff in the 2nd set as well.
Vesnina was visibly sick, and she can only hope that it was a big factor in this loss and that she'll get well and play much better in the coming weeks, or she's fall deep down the rankings :eek:

·
Registered
28,266 Posts
I’m not impressed with Blinkova’s game. She looks a rather ordinary player to me. Messnina was just a walking bye yesterday, would have lost to anyone in the draw except the Oman WC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts