Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inconsistent Sabine back again :lol:

Made a pretty deep run last week in Taipei and then loses 1&3 in qualifying a week later. Only Sabine :lol: 1 ace and 9 DFs today for the German.

Happy for Maky though, tough-ish draw for her but she got through it relatively easily.

She should qualify now!

·
Premium Member
41,975 Posts
Nobody wants to face Vondrousova in a first round qualie. Sabine would need to be at the top of her game to have a chance against this rising star who was already very near to beat Garcia at the AO.

Reactions: Matmagix

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Inconsistent Sabine back again :lol:

Made a pretty deep run last week in Taipei and then loses 1&3 in qualifying a week later. Only Sabine :lol: 1 ace and 9 DFs today for the German.

Happy for Maky though, tough-ish draw for her but she got through it relatively easily.

She should qualify now!
Nothing inconsistent about it. Just a higher level of opposition. Lisicki was fortunate even to get by Zhang Yuxuan in Taipei.

·
Premium Member
41,975 Posts
Looking at the qualifiers, Sabine just got the most dangerous opponent. I mean, if a qualifier can win Doha, who else?

Sabine had a chance against half of those qualifiers, and would have probably won more games against anyone else in a QR1.

But such is the competition...

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Maky, Olga, Kostyuk... what a day for young talent! :hearts:

Reactions: Javi

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lisicki was REALLY lucky in Taipei....

She still looks unfit, expected result.
This is very true, Lisicki lost 7 out of 11 against Kozlova, having watched this strange Niculescu match against Barthel, I can
imagine how Lisicki won against Niculescu, and Niculescu is even able to lose to Petkovic today, I would bet on this,

This quali match lasted 1 hour.
Coming back to Doha, how did Lisicki managed to achieve a WC in Doha, how is this possible ?

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
Marketa seems about to burst out on the scenes, always looks dangerous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts