Doha

[3] Svitolina, Elina UKR v Bye
Putintseva, Yulia KAZ v Q/LL
Barthel, Mona GER v Radwanska, Agnieszka POL
Buyukakcay, Cagla (WC) TUR v [16] Kvitova, Petra CZE

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Aga's play looks better, but her serve is still so far from even 2 years ago. And I don't like that she starts to be more agressive after she loses a set. She should play in this way from the beginning.

Next match most probably with Petra. We know that everything is possible in this match-up.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aga's play looks better, but her serve is still so far from even 2 years ago. And I don't like that she starts to be more agressive after she loses a set. She should play in this way from the beginning.

Next match most probably with Petra. We know that everything is possible in this match-up.
Yeah I dont understand why she has been starting all her matches so slowly. Lack of matches? confidence?

Hope Shitra shows up :angel:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, no shame losing to Kvitova, although Kvitova looked very beatable today. Once again, Aga didn't take her chances.

She is playing better than last year but it does not mean much, her groundstrokes and serve have deteriorated so much. She will forever struggle with the high ranked players right now.

Gutted for her, but I'm still optimistic things will get better for Aga in 2018, now that's she's healthy.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I think Aga is back :hearts: The leaning forehand and crouch shot from the baseline are back.

It will be so much tougher than say, 2010 or 2013/2015 though since she has fallen down the rankings so much. I think she needs to vulture something to at least get her rankings up for the bigger tournaments.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dubai draw

Johanna Konta[7/WC] vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Daria Kasatkina vs Agnieszka Radwanska
Elena Vesnina vs Shuai Peng
Bye vs Jelena Ostapenko[4/WC]

·
Premium Member
41,994 Posts
Her opponent in Dubai's first round is a really bad match up. Kasatkina has all the answers to Aga's game I'm afraid. Aga will need her best form and competitive experience to prevail.

·
Banned
34,748 Posts
Aga is playing well. :hearts:

I'm thinking this tournament she'll really go for the "fan favourite" award, she isn't at her most professional of peaks but she's seriously playing better than she did in Doha, I think. :)

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Lost to Kasatkina 5 & 4, that was a really winnable match

However, I thought her aggression looked okay today, some nice forehands and backhands. She kept on netting forehands but at least she was going for her shots instead of the puffball errors

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
She would be Basickina's pigeon :crying:

Aga is probably the most unclutch player in the top 40 now. All these double faults and basic errors coming at the crucial moments in the matches.

She has lost 42% of her matches this year. Very similar to 2017...

@HatersGoToHell
Peak 2012 :hearts:

I have always said that Aga wins matches easier when serving at at least low 70s first serve %
Looks like she is trying to go more on first serve. But she should go more for 2nd serve instead.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
She would be Basickina's pigeon :crying:

Aga is probably the most unclutch player in the top 40 now. All these double faults and basic errors coming at the crucial moments in the matches.

She has lost 42% of her matches this year. Very similar to 2017...

@HatersGoToHell
One good thing is that she lost close matches in Dubai and Doha to players who won and reached a final in those tournaments. But yeah her serve is such a mess these days...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts