Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So happy that she's playing Doha and Dubai. Maria has won the tournament twice before and has a chance to win a third title this year which would mean her getting the diamond racquet given to players who have won the tournament three times.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,163 Posts
Re: Doha 2018: Maria set to DOHA best to win the diamond racquet.

That 2008 version was part of PEAK Pova eva :tears:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts

Also two fat checks, plus the original trophy in 2005 which was an golden.. deer?? :spit: :happy:

It's an arabic oryx-antelope which lives in the arabic desert.

·
CGS
7,595 Posts

That 05 jacket is horrendous :lol: But her 08 Doha outfit is one of my all-time favs from her. The combo is so simple but so classy and beautiful.

·
Registered
10,989 Posts
Hopefully Maria can finally find some much needed match rythm here.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts

that seems like a thousand years ago
well it was. Not only in Pova's terms, but in the world terms. That's why it seems so far away.

·
Registered
961 Posts

Doha 2008 was the first tournament I watched as an official and declared Maria's fan :wink2:

·
Registered
220 Posts

I like the throwback pics, she's look so young and carefree. I hope she gets to Doha early to get used to the courts. I would be so happy with a good run at either Doha or Dubai or better yet both.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts

2008 Pova :(

I love her so much but it is crazy to see her old pics. She did not age well indeed (hair especially).

I do not expect anything good - considering that things have not changed in the past couple of weeks (coach, training, etc). Well at least she might surprise me positively

We shall see

·
Registered
14,342 Posts

2008 Pova :(

I love her so much but it is crazy to see her old pics. She did not age well indeed (hair especially).

I do not expect anything good - considering that things have not changed in the past couple of weeks (coach, training, etc). Well at least she might surprise me positively

We shall see
scamming city, shitty friends and silly food (vegan and organic icecream :rolleyes: do people seriously believe this shit?), silly frilly art that does nothing and have no purpose whatsoever do that to you after a while.

But didn't Doha change the court this year to resemble the Australian courts? I don't expect it to be as slow as in recent years then. The weather is completely different though.

Reactions: Perun and GrumpyCat

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I don't know why but I have a feeling that she'll do well in both Doha and Dubai. The fact that she decided to play them both gives me the impression that she's serious about earning herself a good seed at the French. The French Open is the one I'm really looking forward to this year since we all know what Maria plays like when she has something to play for / prove. Can't wait.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts