Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say what you want about them, but if either of them were on the other side of the net against Juju, they would have routed her. I like Kim, but she lacks the most important thing in the game of tennis and that is mental fortitude. Tennis is so very mental and if you can't keep your head together, you're not going to beat the best at the biggest stage.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I do but I am quite sure the non fans don't miss them at all which is why they are non fans. Funny how that works. :kiss:

all belgian finals = :yawn:

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Knizzle said:
Say what you want about them, but if either of them were on the other side of the net against Juju, they would have routed her. I like Kim, but she lacks the most important thing in the game of tennis and that is mental fortitude. Tennis is so very mental and if you can't keep your head together, you're not going to beat the best at the biggest stage.
You know it!

·
Registered
18,816 Posts
First my answer to the title is no

Second, are you psychic or something? Because the last time a Williams sister played Justine on hard was about a year ago or maybe even more so what makes you so sure?

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
At least the all-williams finals have improved each time. The all-Belgian finals are getting boring and boring....and PREDICTABLE!

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
No I don't miss them a bit. Today's Justine's play assured me Justine's game is way more entertaining then the sisters' power game.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
erm, no, I don't miss them.

Then again, I operated under the assumption that their absence would allow for more diverse tournament coverage...but it seems nothing short of Capriati, Davenport, Venus, Serena, Blake, Fish, Roddick, Martin, and Agassi committing a mass withdrawal will get more foreigners on my tv.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Knizzle said:

I definately do now. I think the crowd was even snoozing!!

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
bandabou said:
At least the all-williams finals have improved each time. The all-Belgian finals are getting boring and boring....and PREDICTABLE!
All Williams finals are much much more predictable.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
shap_half said:
First my answer to the title is no

Second, are you psychic or something? Because the last time a Williams sister played Justine on hard was about a year ago or maybe even more so what makes you so sure?
rebound ace is a hard court and she lost there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I never realized how much I LOVED teh fact that serena can crush justine on hard courts....until i realized how much i hate justine....and how kim and jen are extreme head cases

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
of course

the us open was so boring

i still watched cause i love tennis
but still

VERY impressed with Justine though
win V and Ree come back, they're going to have their hands full

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: I do I do :bounce: :bounce:

I said it in another thread but here goes again. People say the Williams domination was bad for women's tennis but to me these sorry ass mental meltdowns by the so called top of women's tennis will do it in....

Say what you want but Venus/Serena comes into a final wanting to win. They may not play their best tennis but they fight to the end and don't choke on crucial pts during their domination....Kim's display was embarrasing considering it is the 2nd time we are witnessing it. <shaking my head>

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
gogomaggie said:
All Williams finals are much much more predictable.

At least venus won one of her all williams finals and the ones she lost she didn't get bageled or given a breadstick. Kim has mental issues her finals with justine suck.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
I miss. They're more entertaining. They have personality. They bring the color to the game. They're full of life, they're excitement, they're a lot for the game. While these two belgians lack a lot of thing. Charisma. None of them have charisma, or personality. Kim's game is so one-dimensional, and annoying. Justine can be more interesting then Kim, but in reality, I don't care about her, cuz I know she's gonna win every match she plays now, except against Serena or Venus.

So I don't know.. I rather watch the Williamses than the Belgians..

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Becool said:
I miss. They're more entertaining. They have personality. They bring the color to the game. They're full of life, they're excitement, they're a lot for the game. While these two belgians lack a lot of thing. Charisma. None of them have charisma, or personality. Kim's game is so one-dimensional, and annoying. Justine can be more interesting then Kim, but in reality, I don't care about her, cuz I know she's gonna win every match she plays now, except against Serena or Venus.

So I don't know.. I rather watch the Williamses than the Belgians..
For you. Not for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts