Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 13th seed won wimbledon against the tenth ranked player in the world. Serena may not even be in the top ten now and venus is just a top twenty player.

The belgians are sick and out of it and now the russians are coming on strong taking over the top ten.

Lindsay is near retirement and jen is out of sorts.

Myskina did flame out early though but then again so did venus.

It seems like anyone who takes their chances and believes can win a slam nowadays.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
If you mean the depth is improving the yeah I think it is/

7 of the 12 qualifiers won a main draw match which has got to be the most for a very long time, and two even managed to make in into the third round. 4 of the WC's made it through as well.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
I think it´s pretty cool that you can´t predict the winner any longer. I mean, not long ago women´s tennis was kinda cruely boring until the QFs, now faves can go out in the first rounds, I think it´s pretty good for women´s tennis that it finally became less predictable. I could be pessimistic and say that the top ten isn´t that good anymore, but I like to think that the top 40 are better than before.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Sam L said:
Can we wait til Justine recovers and V&S recovers from whatever it is they're suffering (in their heads?). :confused:

And then we'll see.
I think you will have to wait very long till everyone is healthy and in full mental shape...that day probably is as likely as x-mas and eastern coming in one day, just great, but it won´t happen.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Sam L said:
Can we wait til Justine recovers and V&S recovers from whatever it is they're suffering (in their heads?). :confused:

And then we'll see.
Don't forget Kim, who is now due for a Slam win after what we saw in Paris and London.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts