Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just reading her diary and she says that she probably overplayed herself with doubles and singles but will not change anything since fun is more important.

I understand what she means but it can also hurt her in the end :eek:

or is succes simply not important (but we know that's crap with all our who is the best ever threads;))

that said I love her anyway and it's great she has a diary where she tells it all:D

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Does she have the right attitude?

Does it matter? Unless she becomes injured, it looks like she'll be #1 this summer. I think she has a good attitude in that she's not putting a lot of pressure on herself. But much like Mauresmo in the QF, it seems she had lost the match before she walked on the court.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I talk a lot about all of this in my thread asking what Justine did to change her mental strength.

Kim's answer that you mentioned really bothered me, irma. Kim said she played better in Rome and in doubles here than in singles. She said she played poorly in singles here all tournament long. That tells me her poor play had to do with singles only - and thus was likely due to the pressure of being the #2 seed and a favorite. If playing too much was her problem, then she would have played poorly in doubles, too, no? I just think she gets too nervous and chokes...but she won't/can't admit that and thus can't overcome it like Justine has.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so she still puts pressure on herself, maybe knowing that she can't run that well because she feels tired (and kim without running on clay is pretty much lost, but she is in good company there as we have seen in 97)

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
IMO, she doesn't have the right attitude to be a dominating number 1... she's not cocky or arrogant and like today was actually happy for Justine... to be a good number 1, you need that ability to want to crush your opponents and Kim just doesn't have that. Now comes the most important question... does it matter? I say no... I'm a huge Kim fan but I'd rather see her happy than winning... If she's happy being ranked number 2 and getting to finals and winning the odd tournament and tier 1 then I say good for her, especially if she's have to have less fun to take that extra step... For Kim, tennis is something she enjoys, not something she does to make money or become famous. I love Kim just the way she is :D

·
Registered
12,567 Posts
i believe she does

both physically and mentally

GO KIMMY GIVE 'EM HELL ON GRASS

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Not quite yet, but she's getting there. She'll never be one to win at all costs though - if that affects her final number of slams, then so be it.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
She has the right attitude, but not the belief.

I'm beginning to suspect her of being a headcase like Roger...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts