Tennis Forum banner

Was it right by Kerber to call Bianca Andreescu a "Drama Queen"?

• No, unwarrented after what we saw today

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Yes, she is still a Drama Queen after all

Votes: 45 66.2%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Kerber need to apologize to Bianca after what we saw today.

Bianca has a very warm heart and was total class when the American Legend had to retire due to a back injury.

I don't like it Bianca been called "Drama Queen"!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Yes - if the WTA tour is all about friendships, PJ parties and togetherness. Or if Angie regrets what she said. Or if Bianca convinces her of her trustworthiness.
No - if Angie still thinks Bianca is a drama queen and doesn't regret what she said.

Tempest in a teapot methinks, time will tell.

·
Registered
21,857 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Today obviously was a very classy move by Andreescu.
And it was obviously wrong by Angie to say what she said, but imo she's still right. Andreescu showed her "medical" timeouts this week again and it never looks good to act like you're going to collapse after a point and then run around with no signs of exhaustion in the next one.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I will channel my inner Nick Kyrgios and put it out there that her PR team already logged on to her Twitter account and apologised on her behalf..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Drama isn't always a bad thing...

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
And it was obviously wrong by Angie to say what she said, but imo she's still right. Andreescu showed her "medical" timeouts this week again and it never looks good to act like you're going to collapse after a point and then run around with no signs of exhaustion in the next one.
There was only one to get her thigh taped, and she's had it taped in all of her matches since then :secret:

Plus literally every tennis player out there who feels fatigue will walk slowly between points to catch their breath and conserve energy, it's the smart thing to do before starting another point. Venus has done it in literally every match she's played this decade, and why wouldn't she, it's the right thing to do as long as you're not pushing the rules.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sounds like another Romanian i know that is NOT Andreescu...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wouldn't it be weird to have Kerber(or anyone really)do a public apology for this? :lol:
Maybe she already apologized in private,maybe not. Bianca is a nice girl and I’m sure she didn’t care much about those and is not having it out for Angie.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

Reactions: Mr.Sparkle

·
Registered
38,323 Posts
Of course she does, considering she went on to miss half the season after that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts