Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure every tennis player believes in karma because tennis players are psychotically superstititious up the ass crack.

But I don't. My roommate would always lecture me about karma because she said things would come back and bite me in the ass. I am sorry, but who cares. Whatever happens in life happens, you can't walk on eggshells like a little tool.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
what comes around, goes around.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
I'm a big believer in karma....I've been bitten in the ass too many times to NOT believe it.

Wish I could take your approach, mrs. g ;)

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GBFH said:
I'm a big believer in karma....I've been bitten in the ass too many times to NOT believe it.

Wish I could take your approach, mrs. g ;)
Do tell!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rebecca, I for so long thought you were the perfect girl!! And I hear the news that you were once upon a time a bully, *GASP*

Oh shattered dreams, shattered dreams :sad:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
Rebecca, I for so long thought you were the perfect girl!! And I hear the news that you were once upon a time a bully, *GASP*

Oh shattered dreams, shattered dreams :sad:
lol...perfect? Not a chance :p

Yes, I was a bully. Just to two different girls. I'm friends with one now and friendly with the other...it's not a big deal now, but I was very very nasty. But I had other problems and was sort of taking it out on other people. I was only 12 or so though :)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Rebecca said:
Well... I don't believe in "destiny", "fate" or any of that crap, so I suppose that I don't believe in karma either...

But I have done things in the past and got mine way later... like I used to bully a couple girls in elementary school, then in highschool I had a tough time for a few years. I figured that I deserved it;)

thats how i feel. i dont believe in destiny... i think people make their own choices in life and have no one to blame but their own self.

i do think that if someone is an asshole, theyll eventually get theirs. not cos its their destiny, but cos they chose to be an asshole earlier in life and it will have its reprecussions. someone is bound to get tired of this persons attitude and take action against them somehow.

do i make sense? im sleepu.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
I'm a little late, but here goes....

My first boyfriend was a guy I'd known since elementary school. Before dating, we never got along and always fought. In 8th grade, he asked me out....I said no. In 9th grade, one of my childhood friends asked him out and he said sure. That same day, I stole him from her. We dated for about a year, and then one of my friends stole him from me.

This whole thing just repeated itself a little while ago...I was fucking this guy, I met a chick he'd known for a long time. They never got along, always fought...but then they got really friendly, and soon after I had no boyfriend.

There's loads of other shit, but I can't think of it right now.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
I think the idea of karma is actually related to reincarnation. I'm more interested in that than what you seem to be talking about, which would appear to require a confusingly paradoxical mixture of free-will and predestination...do I sound clever when I use long words like that? Cos I'm not.

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,438 Posts
The existence of karma is often viewed as justification for what people did wrong.

In reality, it is just the balancing out of energy in the world.

For example, if I do something nice, such as give an old lady a hug and tell her I love her, then that same emotioanl energy that I gave to someone will come back to me.

Likewise, if I kick the old lady because she's old, then that same emotional energy I used to kick her will come back to me.

Now, if ya wanna get complicated, when can get into the whole reincarnation effect and how it can affect you in a later life, but it's important to know that karma is not a justification for anything. It just is.

;)

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GBFH said:
I'm a little late, but here goes....

My first boyfriend was a guy I'd known since elementary school. Before dating, we never got along and always fought. In 8th grade, he asked me out....I said no. In 9th grade, one of my childhood friends asked him out and he said sure. That same day, I stole him from her. We dated for about a year, and then one of my friends stole him from me.

This whole thing just repeated itself a little while ago...I was fucking this guy, I met a chick he'd known for a long time. They never got along, always fought...but then they got really friendly, and soon after I had no boyfriend.

There's loads of other shit, but I can't think of it right now.

Oh shit, wow!!! How crazy!!!

Josh, yeah, my sis has that mentality. But she says just because she holds the door for people and then they do it for her, doesn't make things karma. That's just something people do.

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,438 Posts
LOL Mrs. Guga ;) read my post again. :)

I know that holding the door for others is just common courtesy, but that in addition to the "acts" that require much deeper thought, such as jealousy and envy to belittle or hurt an innocent person, or random acts of kindness to promote fellowship.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter if you believe in karma or not, as it is unimportant unless you want enlightened on that aspect of life.

What is important is to be nice to everyone.....and I don't know anyone that is able to do that, but we should strive for it.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
It's not about paranoia... it's the desperation to find some sort of concrete morality in a secular age. People either don't believe in religion or feel that they can't trust it enough, but they're scared of the fact that the 'death of God' effectively destroys all moral codes... so they cast around for some scrap of comfort. But yeah, karma is bullshit. What goes around can come around, and simple human social codes will ensure that a lot of the time... but what goes around doesn't need to come around. Bad things can happen to good people.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts