• I don't care

Votes: 8 29.6%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thread about Emma (duh)
Does Emma Raducanu resemble Andreescu the USO title as their maiden slam at the very young age, but injury prone who ended many matches with retirement?

Wimbledon 2021 4R : Tomljanovic d. Raducanu 6-4 3-0 Ret.

ITF USA 16A QF : Parrizas-Dias d. Raducanu 4-3 Ret.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I will say no and here is a reason

Looking at Bianca's priorities i dont feel that she is treating tennis like a professional career

Probably she eats a lot of crap, less training, disorganized life style - result is higher chance of injury

ofcourse it could be genetic, something you cant fix

but Andreescu doesnt even tries

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
WTF! No, at all! o_O
Emma wasn't injured, she just had a panic attack. She is not injury prone.

·
Registered
23,496 Posts
well, let's have a look: emma is pretty and not considered to be a spoiled brat by the highest order..
so no.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Another thread about Emma (duh)
Does Emma Raducanu resemble Andreescu the USO title as their maiden slam at the very young age, but injury prone who ended many matches with retirement?

Wimbledon 2021 4R : Tomljanovic d. Raducanu 6-4 3-0 Ret.

ITF USA 16A QF : Parrizas-Dias d. Raducanu 4-3 Ret.
Toml was a panic attack yes.

ITF was just a very poorly scheduled event, extreme heat and humidity delays, 5 or more players left early, and no rescheduling just delays....Then they were asking Emma for back to back games QF and Semi on a saturday in extreme heat and Emma was suipposed to be going to Chicago.....so she left :).

So she played a few games and politely left, first 3 games she blasted to love, then just patted next 3 games back to loose to make it fair......then left...

She did not look injured and called no medical, just left a poorly run ITF event early, she had her warm up and looked happy on the stream. You cannot overrun ITF events when players due on WTA the next day...silly.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just facts 🤷

It's on her to reverse the trend. She's currently on her 3rd longest streak without a retirement in her career, so that's encouraging.
Read my post above, emma was not injured in Landsville on the stream, she just left as event had overrun and clashed with Chicago

You cant have and iTF QF and SF on a saturday due to poor scheduling and no felxibility when she is due in WTA Chicago.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
welcome to the 25th thread of the emma radacanu obsession on TF threads

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Read my post above, emma was not injured in Landsville on the stream, she just left as event had overrun and clashed with Chicago

You cant have and iTF QF and SF on a saturday due to poor scheduling and no felxibility when she is due in WTA Chicago.
6 career retirements in fewer than 100 career matches. But sure, keep harping on about ITF scheduling.

The bandwagoneers are out of control. So many British flags that joined since Wimbledon, it's going to be like Halepstan in 2013/14 but with the smugness of a major title....

·
Registered
395 Posts
6 career retirements in fewer than 100 career matches. But sure, keep harping on about ITF scheduling.

The bandwagoneers are out of control. So many British flags that joined since Wimbledon, it's going to be like Halepstan in 2013/14 but with the smugness of a major title....
Keep talking rubbish and ignoring the facts. She was due in Chicago and was involved in the promotion, see pic below = FACTS. You cannot be at 2 places at once.

Face Footwear Shorts White Leg

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
well, let's have a look: emma is pretty and not considered to be a spoiled brat by the highest order..
so no.
which highest order considers Bianca a spoiled brat? You? A bunch of posters here? Who cares?? The tennis world doesn't feel that way about her, and I happen to know the tour doesn't either.
So try not generalize your hate into some kind of universal truth, though that will be challenging for you

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Their game styles are different...I am not fully familiar with Emma's injury history in juniors but Bianca was injury prone even in juniors. I really doubt Emma was as injury prone as Bianca

I get that it's been a trend to shit on Bianca lately but she didn't always play 3 setters in 2019...In her US Open 2019 run, she cruised through first week, winning all matches in 2 sets...when she won IW 2019, she won almost all matches until SF in straight sets....her playing 3 setters had more to do with her fitness issues and constant injuries which meant she used to return rusty and needed time to come back to her rhythm. Her Rogers Cup 2019 run was a good example of this.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Bianca was never miss perfect. Thank goodness 😀🙄🤣

1 - 20 of 31 Posts