Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know why, but when i see a picture of her hitting a backhand or pumping her fist, it's like monica all over again.

anyone else get that feeling?

·
Registered
125 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
i don't know why, but when i see a picture of her hitting a backhand or pumping her fist, it's like monica all over again.

and the stance on the return

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
at the stance when receiving serve, the "strings" look after the point, and how she wears her hat and hair on court;)

ps: never knew Monica is undeated against Clijsters;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
yeah, there is something similar in their attitudes....

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
The only difference: Kim at age 20. ZERO SLAMS! Monica at age 20: 8 slams and already considered one of the greatest of all-time.

Kim´s still got some work to do there.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
In a way, just the hitting a tone from both sides. But so does Vera Z and Myriam Casanova.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
bandabou said:
The only difference: Kim at age 20. ZERO SLAMS! Monica at age 20: 8 slams and already considered one of the greatest of all-time.

:yawn:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Filip! said:
bandabou is saying 1000 times the same thing, how sad :lol:
Not sad.....it´s only how can you compare a player who hasn´t won a thing to MONICA SELES?! Let her start winning some first, no?!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
bandabou said:
Not sad.....it´s only how can you compare a player who hasn´t won a thing to MONICA SELES?! Let her start winning some first, no?!
To answer your question -- No.

The original question was "i don't know why, but when i see a picture of her hitting a backhand or pumping her fist, it's like monica all over again.

anyone else get that feeling?"

So the questioner was asking about appearance on the tennis court and said nothing about whether their career records were similar.

I'm assuming that you knew that already and are now only playing dumb. :)

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
bandabou said:

Are you trying to brainwash us or what? ;)
I bet you have it tattooed on your back or something: Kim: zero slams.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
ans said:
Are you trying to brainwash us or what? ;)
I bet you have it tattooed on your back or something: Kim: zero slams.
Now, I like Kim....but I´ll leave the tatooing for Lil Lleyton, don´t you think?!

I misunderstood the question...that´s all. I´m sorry. :angel: ;)

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well at least some poeple agree-- nice addition about the hat. i think their shirts appear similar too. i think kim looks a lot like monica of just a few years ago-present. i dont see many similarities between clijsters now and monica of 93. i think their arms are very much alike too.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
She kinda reminds me of Monica with some of her gestures & facial expressions on the court.

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:

Can't say I get that feeling. Thing is, fist-pumping is generic. Most players do it the same way.

And when youcompare styles, within the confines of the baseline game, Kim and Monica couldn't be more different.

Monica was always forcing her way up the center, which gave her more and sharper angles to hit. And her groundies were offense, offense, offense unless you could consisitly hit within a foot of the baseline with pace.

Kim's an 'east-west' player. She goes side to side til the opponents give a weak return, and tries to hit whatever winner presents itself. She's almost purely defensive. She doesn't create points as much as exploit mistakes. Since her range is so phenomenal, she can get away with the style.

If Kim reminds me of anyone its Arantxa.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Volcana said:
Can't say I get that feeling. Thing is, fist-pumping is generic. Most players do it the same way.

And when youcompare styles, within the confines of the baseline game, Kim and Monica couldn't be more different.

Monica was always forcing her way up the center, which gave her more and sharper angles to hit. And her groundies were offense, offense, offense unless you could consisitly hit within a foot of the baseline with pace.

Kim's an 'east-west' player. She goes side to side til the opponents give a weak return, and tries to hit whatever winner presents itself. She's almost purely defensive. She doesn't create points as much as exploit mistakes. Since her range is so phenomenal, she can get away with the style.

If Kim reminds me of anyone its Arantxa.
Now THAT´s the player Kim simbolizes!! Monica was waaayyy more agressive than Kim´s now!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts