Tennis Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like martina hingis a lot, she's the best and i love her, her personality, charisma, her game, i think she's just perfect, phenomenal.

i like serena williams but i don't like venus, i don't like her personality and well she has power and everything but so many unforced errors mmm i don't like that.

i dislike jennifer capriati, but i don't hate her, is just that most of the times she's angry with everybody, i don't like her attitude on court, but off court she seems to be nice, and i have to admit that her game is good.

i like lindsay, she's my 2nd favorite, i love her game, her personality, she's very respected and very lovely ahhh and monica seles too, i love them, but no more like marti, ok?:wavey:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I can't say that I hate any player because all the different personalities are so interesting. I like to see that people are fallible too. So yeh I like Hingis and the Williams a lot.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Love Venus, Serena and Lindsay.

Jennifer is neutral... Martina is a slight dislike.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I like Venus and Serena (love their aggressive power games), neutral towards Davenport and Hingis and dislike Capriati (it annoys me how she seems angry all the time).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Love Venus - she's a winner.
Like Davenport - but get angry when she gets down on herself
Like Serena - but feels she needs to focus more
Kinda like Martina - she's a fighter, but waits for others to make mistakes instead of taking it to them
Kinda don't like Jennifer -- I was happy when she won AO in 2001, but don't like her on court behavior and I feel ashamed that she is lacking in basic grammar skills in her professional interviews.

Of course, I am only offering my opinions on the above champions as professional tennis players which is formed from watching them play and reading about them. As actual human beings, I like them all.

·
Registered
626 Posts
my turn!

i like venus and serena. obviously - see sig.

i will root for jennifer if she is not playing venus or serena - primarily because i am nationalistic and she is american. i am not a fan of her on court behavior but she has moxy. after both of the AO finals ( especially this year), i appreciated her for her guts.

lindsay is okay but her game bores me.

i dislike martina. sorry. i have never liked her and doubt i ever will. she is really fun to watch in doubles but i must concur that her singles play is boring. i appreciate her defense and being a topnotch retriever but she relies too heavily on opponent errors for my taste. i also don't like "the smile", that always seems plastered on her face when she is beating down some first round opponent or how she seems so exasperated when someone is taking it to her - like she she can't believe someone would have the nerve to beat her! for discussion purposes, i dubbed this martina's "queen of hearts" attitude.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
jrj - I only like one Williams sister. I love Venus, but don't really care about Serena (she whines too much, she barely shows up, she misuses the word 'hypochondriac'). I've never really liked Hingis, although I really enjoy watching her play, but sometime last year I started feeling sorry for her, and ended up totally rooting for her in the Oz final, so I guess I'll probably support her in a Slam final if she's not playing one of my faves. Jen - never been a fan, don't like her that much but not because of the behaviour thing. More the bad clothes. Lindsay - I'd probably support her had she not committed the unforgivable sin of beating Steffi in her last Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I think martina, the williams sisters are good, no bad feelings towards them but I don't love them either. I'm not a big fan of jen but i think she's alright too....

·
Registered
93 Posts
My fave is Jennifer and I'll always root for her. But when Venus & Martina play, I just sit back and enjoy the great tennis. I do like and admire both of them as well. I'm ambivalent about Serena and Lindsay so far, but that could change as I see more of them.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,302 Posts
I do like Martina but Venus and Serena not very much. Jen is pretty good, mary is my fav:angel: :angel: :angel:

I'm sleeping when conchita martinez is playing. don't really like Amélie bt she's french so....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like Venus, Serena, and Martina. Don't like Jenn that much, but always room for growth, lol. Just like Martina. :) I also like Lindsay's game and personality. But my fav. will always be Venus then Serena.

I do got to say that Jenn is holding it down along with Venus, but I just don't like her attitude that's all.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
i dubbed this martina's "queen of hearts" attitude.
I know that was an insult, but that sounds awesome. Thats going to be my new nickname for Marti.:)

I love Martina, her different court personalities, true, she does wait for players to make UE's but sometime, like in the beginning of the AO this year, she took it to FAF and made her pay. She's matured alot more too, expecially after the FO 99 :sad:

I'm liking the Williamses alot more now, not Serena but Venus, unless she plays Marti. I like Venus, but I dont like her all power game. I like having power in tennis, but Venus just has soooo much of it.

Jen, I hate her. Especially after this years Oz final. Her swearing, unneccesary, and really immature.

I love Lindsay. She's the nicest player on the tour, and I always hope for her EXCEPT when she play Hingis.

(you probably noticed i cheer against everyone when they play Hingis)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
I don't particularly care for any of them! (Hingis, Capriati or Willi x 2).

·
Registered
51 Posts
LOVE Martina : she's a winner and a fighter; she has grown up since last year. Her tennis skills are such a pleasure to watch.
LIKE VERY MUCN Davenport : I like her good nature and her smile. She's has great shots.
LIKE Serena : she has the figting spirit, unfortunately she is too often injured
LIKE Venus : but she's a great winner.
DON'T LIKE Jennifer : her on court behavior is a shame and her broad language is terrible. But she plays great tennis.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jrj - I only like one Williams sister. I love Venus, but don't really care about Serena (she whines too much, she barely shows up, she misuses the word 'hypochondriac'). I've never really liked Hingis, although I really enjoy watching her play, but sometime last year I started feeling sorry for her, and ended up totally rooting for her in the Oz final, so I guess I'll probably support her in a Slam final if she's not playing one of my faves. Jen - never been a fan, don't like her that much but not because of the behaviour thing. More the bad clothes. Lindsay - I'd probably support her had she not committed the unforgivable sin of beating Steffi in her last Wimbledon.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I like Hingis' style of play and have really begun to cheer for her in the Slams. I initially (about 2 years ago) liked Serena somewhat more than Venus, but have lately reversed that feeling. I feel Venus is more professional and focused. I actually think that I would probably enjoy just hanging out with Venus. Venus just seems to have made great strides in maturity, and Serena doesn't seem to have. They are only a year apart in age.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
What are you doing with your posts Peter_Foley????:rolleyes: :angel: :confused:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts