Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they let him a day off and not Serena and gave him a great draw. Putting Agassi (who later pulled out), Roddick, and Sampras in the same quarter so he could play no more than 1 of them?
Maybe Damir was right??

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Agassi must've pulled out because of this.:eek:

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
Why would Hewitt be afraid of Sampras and Roddick? (Ok for Agassi) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Lets examine Hewitts draw for a second shall we?

His potential fourth round dust up (I won't even touch on the dangerous players he could meet before that) could be against Arnaud Clement.

Clement may be in a slump - but he can obviously play on rebound ace, or he wouldn't have beaten Grosjean and Kafelnikov on his way to the finals last year.

His potential quarter final could be against Tommy Hass, or Roger Federer.

Now - last time Hewitt and Hass played, Hass beat him at Stutgart in three sets. Carreer, they are 4-4, going 3-3 last year. In fact, if I remember correctly Hass is one of the only players in the top ten, that Hewitt doesn't have a winning record against.
Furthermore - Haas has beaten Hewitt on Rebound Ace in Australia twice, to one loss (last years Oz, where notably, Haas gained a huge lead in every set, and then choked).
If they were going to pick him to play someone in the quarters - trust me - Roddick or Sampras is far less dangerous to Hewitt that Hass.

As for Federer - though he is only 1-4 against Hewitt - with the exception of one match they played on grass - every match has been very tight.

So to suggest they rigged the draw so that Hewitt could face an "easier" player like Haas or Federer - over Roddick or Sampras - is ridiculous. Both the former mentioned, are more dangerous to him (ESPECIALLY Haas).

That, and he was set to meet Agassi in the semis before he pulled out.

If they were going to rig it, he'd have been set to meet Guga.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry becca if I was Roddick or Agassi prior to pulling out I'd been pissed seeing that draw. I'd much rather face Federer (remember what Agassi did to him at the US Open?), Clement remember the Aussie final? Haas, are you serious after the rain delay at the US Open he gave up last year. Whether they wanted to put them on the other side or the other quarter is the same ultimately he could only meet one of them what's the difference if it's the semis or finals. True Sampras will be less worn down in the semis but having just played Roddick or having just played Haas or Federer I'd take the later.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
actually it was fixed for Guga, but he lost in the first roun... oh, wait, didn't he lose because he suspected that the draw is fixed for Hewitt?

shame on you, Guga!:p

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Need I remind you of the US Open - where Rafter, Sampras, and Agassi were all in the same quarter?

I guess the US Open was conspiring against its own players?

Furthermore - if you think Roddick or Sampras would have a better shot at Hewitt than Haas - your kidding yourself.

Haas can be erratic - but when he is on - like he was after the US Open - then he is a major threat.

Haas beat Hewitt three times in 2001. Roddick has never beat Hewitt. Sampras hasn't beaten Hewitt since US Open 2000.

End of story.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Something smells funny. The draw was so perfect for Guga and look what he went and did.:mad:
something smells funny with Hewitt :(

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
IMO, Yevgeny got the best draw. Plus this is HIS surface. He is playing qualifiers in the 1st 2 rds.

Guga's draw is not bad too except for the 1st rd Boutter. Too bad he can't pass that hurdle.

Look at Hewitt now, he is already having trouble with Alberto Martin. He is trailing by 2 sets to 1. Kudos to Alberto Martin, he must be playing out of his mind.

·
Registered
25,256 Posts
he jsut lost, hehehe, good draw doesn't help him, go Sampras!

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Well, the #1 seed usually gets the best draw;)

They must have known Agassi would withdraw when they made that draw;)

Get over it, jrj. Rigging a draw is a serious accusation.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this was a slam and no I doubt the US would conspire against their own players but we aren't talking about the US Open are we? The AO sure had one to conspire for their own player.
How many slams does Haas have and how many does Agassi, and Sampras have or for that matter how many finals do they have? Has Haas even made it to a slam semi, quarter??

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
No matter what draw Hewitt would have gotten, you'd believe it was fixed.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
jrj - your being a twit, and missing the point, Why, and I not surprised in the least?

Haas is a more difficult opponent to Hewitt, than Sampras. I'm too lazy to check his win loss against Agassi at the moment - but seeing as he was drawn to meet Agassi in the semis and NOT the finals - they obviously weren't rigging it.

However, seeing as he lost anyhow - the fact that I was totally right, and you were totally wrong - is irrelevant :)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Hewitt HAD Lapentti, Federer, Rios, and Haas in his draw. Definitely was NOT a good draw.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
yeah the draw was fixed so that Hewitt would lose in the first round!!! :bounce::p

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how many slams does Haas have tell me, how about Federer. Agassi was the 2 time defending champ, Roddick is the next in coming everyone knows that hell he played him extremely tough while hurt at the French last year his 1st French. Sampras may have lost matches to Hewitt recently but I sure wouldn't have wanted to meet him in the quarters.
Being that he lost it's a mute point.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Federer easily disposed of roddick in Sydney!:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts