Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean Martina should get a diffrent job, her voice is so annoying it makes you want to smash the TV but I won't I just put it on mute on.....I'm going to send my complain to the tennis channel that she talks too much she don't let the other commentors talk her voice its just nagging...:mad: :devil: :fiery:

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
If she sticks to tennis, she is ok.

But when she make personal remarks about players, that is when she turns off some people.

Of course the positive or negative reaction mirrors the judgment value she make of players.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Janet I feel the same way. She talks way to much. She continues to babble on and on. She even talks during points.
The best commentaters are Corinna and Mary Jo. I'm really starting to like MJF. She sticks to the point and keeps her talk down to a minimum. She NEVER goes on and on right before or during a point. I like it when the commentators don't talk when someone is bouncing the ball and about to serve. Sure I can't stand Martina Navie at times, but I'm no hater. I give credit where it's due. Unfortunately her commentating isn't up to my standards. She's just not that good imho. BJK,MJF,Corina,The Aussie man,and a few Tennis Channel guys are the best. I dislike Gimlestob also,he sucks! Tracey Austin is deplorable and thank gawd Chrissy is no more. I'll never forget when she said having a one hand backhand on grass is a liability. She was refering to Juju Henin. I actually couldn't believe she said that.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
She's actually quite good when impersonating an objective tennis commentator.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Martina, like a couple other former greats who are afraid that someone's present success somehow diminishes their past success, tends to see everything through the filter of, "I would have done it like that, so it must be right," or "I wouldn't have done it like that, so it must be wrong." It's dinosaur-minded arrogance.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
At times, her opinions, whether I agree with them or not, can be interesting but Martina was not made for the commentary booth. She just doesn't sound like she's having much fun which to me is a direct result of being on a short leash by the networks that hired her. If she and I were just chilling out watching the AO and she could be free with her opinions, I think Martina would be a lot of fun. That voice, though, does grate. There's a faux snobbery in her tone which has me rolling my eyes at time. I really like Corina Morariu. She's natural and likable. Her media coaches have done a great job.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Martina, like a couple other former greats who are afraid that someone's present success somehow diminishes their past success, tends to see everything through the filter of, "I would have done it like that, so it must be right," or "I wouldn't have done it like that, so it must be wrong." It's dinosaur-minded arrogance.
and she will not shut the hell up...ever.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I don't think she's very good at commentating and sometimes she is out of touch.

Example: In one of Lena D's matches she's going on and on about how Dementieva is quiet as a mouse and on that day she is just 'so animated and talkative'.

.....are you kidding me? LenaD has been very expresive for a while now.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
I'm noticing a trend here....

:haha:

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
When Martina is commentating on the tennis ... no one is better.

Impulsive, humourous and right "in the moment".

Spoiled by a tendency to go down irrelevant verbal cul-de-sacs, "babble" ... are annoying.
i agree she knows her shit basicaly, but has to stick to tennis.

as for your last sentence that about sums up virgina wades commentating style perfectly lmao, except she does it all the time.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
She doesn't annoy me so far as what she says, but how often she speaks. My friend who doesn't even watch tennis was watching a match and noticed Martina was yakking her head off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts