Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure, she's a pretentious bitch, and sure, she's pretty much full of shit, but she's so amazing! :hearts: Those lyrics...the sexiness...the piano playing...*orgasm*

Anyone else feel this way? :) I think that Under The Pink is her best CD but most Tori fans disagree.

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
Dude, you are on a gay board. ;)

I have to say that most of the time I do think "she's a pretentious bitch, and sure, she's pretty much full of shit". ;) I have liked some stuff though.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cellophane said:
Dude, you are on a gay board. ;)

I have to say that most of the time I do think "she's a pretentious bitch, and sure, she's pretty much full of shit". ;) I have liked some stuff though.

I dunno man...some of these people have such horrible taste in music...It's hard to tell.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Pheobo said:
I dunno man...some of these people have such horrible taste in music...It's hard to tell.
Horrible taste in music like what? I'm a Tori Amos fan. Her latest album Beekeeper wasn't too bad. I'm more of a fan of her earlier work, the stuff from the 90s.

I have her book. I stopped after the first chapter though. I could it much forcast it as the modern day Pocahontas.

Reactions: Mark Spruce

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wannabeknowitall said:
Horrible taste in music like what? I'm a Tori Amos fan. Her latest album Beekeeper wasn't too bad. I'm more of a fan of her earlier work, the stuff from the 90s.

I have her book. I stopped after the first chapter though. I could it much forcast it as the modern day Pocahontas.
I don't think I would read a book by her. She's a little too...well, I said it in my first post.

Horrible taste as in the mindless pop with minimal, redundant lyrics.

I'm not a big fan of Beekeeper, but all the die-hard Tori fans I know say that the tracks from that album sound a lot better live than on the CD.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Honestly, I don't know enough of her stuff, but from what I do know, she can come off a bit pretentious. However, I absolutely love her song "Winter." Maybe I should listen to more of her earlier work.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
tterb said:
Honestly, I don't know enough of her stuff, but from what I do know, she can come off a bit pretentious. However, I absolutely love her song "Winter." Maybe I should listen to more of her earlier work.
I LOVE Winter. It has some powerful lyrics. The accompiment is just amazing and the vocals are perfect.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Pheobo said:
Sure, she's a pretentious bitch, and sure, she's pretty much full of shit, but she's so amazing! :hearts: Those lyrics...the sexiness...the piano playing...*orgasm*

Anyone else feel this way? :) I think that Under The Pink is her best CD but most Tori fans disagree.
Well, I'm one of those who disagree about Under The Pink - I think Boys for Pele is probably her best work although Under The Pink comes pretty darn close. 'Blood Roses' and 'The Doughnut Song' from that album are pretty much some of her best songs in my opinion....

Listening to Tori really got me hooked onto piano songs - you listen to some of her earlier works and you realize that it had a lot of solo intros and interludes with the piano which you'll never find in The Beekeeper.

Her book's not all pretentious. She has some pretty revealing stuff on her miscarriages and on the music industry - I pretty much skip a lot of the spiritual stuff in the book....

You know what? I'm obsessed with 'Yes, Anastasia' as of now - I love the fact that it could exist separately as 2 songs but somehow, the 2 parts of the songs really work well together....

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I like her music a lot!

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Was she the one who sang "Don't cha" first?

·
Registered
36,705 Posts
my favourite albums are "boys for pele" and "from the choirgirl hotel".
i detested "the beekeeper".

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
I *love* Tori! :hearts: :worship: She's one of my top artists of all time :) The piano playing alone is worth buying her albums :worship:

My favourite albums of hers are probably either Under The Pink, Little Earthquakes, Boys For Pele, although I also actually love her latest one The Beekeeper :hearts: Maybe there's a few more hit-and-miss tracks on it but in my opinion the good songs on the album are great songs :D In fact all her albums are amazing and worth buying ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
I find her piano playing can be a little too convoluted and chaotic for my liking. I'd prefer it if she played a bit more direct and melodic - a bit more Carole King. The worst songs are the ones where she doesn't have any other musicians to reign her in. And performance-wise, she can be a little too "look at me I'm being transported to a higher plane and I'm having sex with my piano". I like my musicians to be more humble. Damien Rice is an artist who has the same problem.

·
Supposed Former , Administrator
9,536 Posts
Okay, where shall i start!

I adore Tori Amos, she is amazing! There is no album i don't like (even Beekeeper i tolerate ;)), just a few songs i never warmed up to but i have nearly every song she has released.

I fell in love with her after hearing Spark and Raspberry Swirl a few years ago.

I knew Crucify cos i would listen to it when i was 12! But then never really cared for her.

Now i love nearly every song, my faves must be A Sorta Fairytale :hearts: Winter :hearts: Iieee :hearts: Caught A Lite Sneeze..

Okay i have too many faves, i'll stop now.

I love her, i wanna see her in concert so badly and i will! :wavey:

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Love her, seen her 4 times in concert.

My favorite album is Boys For Pele, with To Venus and Back (Disc 2) coming in second.

I know it's terrible, but I keep hoping her home life would bust up somehow, so that she could be angry and bitter again. :lol:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
kabuki said:
I know it's terrible, but I keep hoping her home life would bust up somehow, so that she could be angry and bitter again. :lol:
Lol! ;) I know, it's so true. Her "I'm so angry,bitter and off my head on drugs" phase made some amazing music ;)

I havn't seen her in concert yet but I'd really love to.

I don't have a favourite album, I love too many of her songs :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts