802​
203​
Mariia Kostyuk
26​
--
Ivanna Yastremska
15​
--

Listed all sisters, full pairings in poll. Is there any sister that can surpass her older one? Is there a pairing that could become a force like the William's, Radwanska's, or Pliskova's used to be?

Got bored during DC rain break, so here we go!

·
Registered
LAF work ethics
795 Posts
Fruity sisters are the only pair that i can REASONABLY expect to both reach top 50 level and make a career out of it, they'll surely play doubles!! Not saying a couple other pairs won't make it, but very hard to see for now. Though i'm a rabid Leylah fan, in all objectivity it just looks very difficult for her younger sis Bianca to fill the enormous gap remaining - for now, unless (hopefully) she becomes a later bloomer but i don't see any potential for the short term. After all, some top WTA late bloomers like Ons Jabeur were in the bowels of juniors/ITF when they were 18.

·
Art & Futures
26,731 Posts
I wish we could answer multiples

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fruity sisters are the only pair that i can REASONABLY expect to both reach top 50 level and make a career out of it, they'll surely play doubles!! Not saying a couple other pairs won't make it, but very hard to see for now. Though i'm a rabid Leylah fan, in all objectivity it just looks very difficult for her younger sis Bianca to fill the enormous gap remaining - for now, unless (hopefully) she becomes a later bloomer but i don't see any potential for the short term. After all, some top WTA late bloomers like Ons Jabeur were in the bowels of juniors/ITF when they were 18.
Jabeur was #4 Junior world, Bianca peaked at #203 before going to ITF pro. She doesn't seem to have anything close of the talent and mentality that Leylah has.

Fruhvirtova's and Andreeva's are fairly close in age - one 2004 / 2005 and the younger ones 2007. Those are true pairings that could develop into something like Radwanska's. We can't even tell yet, which one of them will be the better one. Things can change.

With Leylah/Bianca, or Marta/Mariia Kostyuk it's pretty obvious.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If this poll is for the present time, it's easily the Kudermetova sisters just based on ranking.
For the future I kinda like the Andreeva sisters just a bit more than the Fruhvirtovas mainly because they seem more athletic.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If this poll is for the present time, it's easily the Kudermetova sisters just based on ranking.
For the future I kinda like the Andreeva sisters just a bit more than the Fruhvirtovas mainly because they seem more athletic.
Yea, the older Kudermetova could solo carry most games if these sisters were to play vs each other. And Polina isn't dead weight like a Bianca Fernandez or Ivanna Yastremska (and don't even get me started with Mariiya Kostyuk, she is 3 wins 30 losses in her career so far and still doesn't have a WTA ranking).

Andreeva's might be held back by potential scheduling issues if the wars and bans persist throughout the next years. But it could be an interesting rivalry with Fruhvirtova sisters, imagine like 4 of them being in top 10, that might be the thing WTA needs to gain more viewership.

·
Registered
19,917 Posts
I think Fruhvirtova sisters will both be top players in the future.

I didn't know that Whitney has a sister who's also a tennis player btw. I was aware of all the other.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Andreeva's might be held back by potential scheduling issues if the wars and bans persist throughout the next years. But it could be an interesting rivalry with Fruhvirtova sisters, imagine like 4 of them being in top 10, that might be the thing WTA needs to gain more viewership.
I just realized the Andreevas hold a 3-1 H2H advantage over the Fruhvirtovas. Brenda has the win against Mirra a month after Mirra had beaten Linda.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just realized the Andreevas hold a 3-1 H2H advantage over the Fruhvirtovas. Brenda has the win against Mirra a month after Mirra had beaten Linda.
I think they are 2-2...

8/21 Brenda def. Mirra 6-1 6-0
7/21 Mirra def. Linda 6-2 6-3
6/21 Erika def. Linda 6-1 7-6(4)
12/16 Linda def. Erika 6-4 7-6(4)

·
Registered
Ball Bash City Samsonova Rybakina Yastremska
1,855 Posts
Linda and Brenda I think will be full time WTA players before long, both has shown promising results as part time pro's already. But lately they are the frozen sisters, Elsa and Anna Fruhvitova.

Kudermetova's will succeed in the WTA as well. Don't really know much the Andreeva's, younger Udvardy will surpass her sister IMO.

The other lot seem to be living of the older sisters name, at the moment Ivanna and Bianca are just trolling with their level of tennis, makes me wonder if they even train.

Reactions: Aganim

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also because these two get commonly confused:

Liudmila Samsonova and Laura Samsonova (one of best 2008) are NOT related. It's just one of these rare occurrences where they have the same name.

The Fruhvirtova's and Andreeva's both got the talent and ability to become something big. But they could also get injured and have a career of Cici Bellis. Talent is there, but talent doesn't always reach the top.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts