Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) -- Top-seeded Anna Kournikova lost to rookie Bruna Colosio 6-2, 6-7 (5), 6-4 in the first round of the USTA Women's Pro Tennis Championship on Wednesday.

===================================

This latest loss by Anna to a 384 ranked player, in a tournament just a notch above the Orange Bowl, is really ridiculous.

Anna must have some of the most loyal fans in sportsdom, outside of the wonderful Williams fans, because she is putting them through real agony while she goes through the motions of playing in order to fullfill her lucrative endorsement contracts.

Anna's fans remain loyal to their Russian Royalist despite her on and off court misadventures and I hope that she can reward them with some real solid play, sometime in the future, with some solid play in a Tier III or higher event.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
As an Anna fan...I'm frustrated but encouraged that she is trying different things to find her way out of this rut...

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that some of these Anna fans should become Williams fans because they will be better rewarded for their support and efforts.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
No you should be a fan of my favourite player because everytime she wins her fans get paid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts