Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Serena already being out had anything to do with Venus not playing?? I think it made it easier for Venus to make a decision. If Serena was playing though, somehow I think Venus would have givewn it a go to see what would happen. I'm not saying she's not badly injured, but I think Serena's absence made her feel better about pulling out herself. What do you think??

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think it was prob the other way round If Serena had of been playing Venus would prob of pulled out a lot earlyer.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Venus life does not revove around her sister. She would have withdrawn either way at the same time imo.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well she prob wanted to try an keep the title in the family or have a least one sister in the slam.
So she may have know about two weeks ago that she was not really fit to play and win. but just wanted to keep trying and hopeing.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
cool bird said:
Well she prob wanted to try an keep the title in the family or have a least one sister in the slam.
So she may have know about two weeks ago that she was not really fit to play and win. but just wanted to keep trying and hopeing.

Also, it's possible (I am just speculating) that Venus didn't feel or think she could play, but the WTA and the tournament kept the preasure on her to play because Serena wasn't playing.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I do, but I don't know about you?

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
No. I believe Venus believed her abdominal strain wasn't healed enough to Win......not merely play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts