Tennis Forum banner

Will she win a slam before them?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think she´s more talented than any of those three bridesmaids... I know she hasn´t reached a final, but Vika is playing the tennis of her life right now and has the ability to win a slam this year, depending on how the sisters will fare at the majors!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
hitting harder then Jelena - yes. more talented - no.

·
Dubai Love
52,429 Posts
JJ won't win a slam.
I want Dementieva to win a slam and Dinara will probably win RG one year. Vika won't win a slam for a few years though.
So to answer the question, I think Vika is a bit too premature to win a slam, and that Dinara/Elena will win one before her.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Based on current form, yes. Elena best chances may have passed her, Jelena is struggling, and Dinara confidence is not there at the moment.

·
V-I-K-A
11,074 Posts
Honestly, I think one of these four girls could very easily win the French. This is one of the first times that I will give both Serena and Venus a good chance to win the French in a while, but Vika could sneak through this draw, and if the Williams and other top seeds get upset, she could take it. I think right now she would kick the crap out of JJ and she just beat Dinara.. so I think she has the talent to win this slam or another one soon. But I see Dinara getting one first. I don't think Jelena will ever win one and Elena's opportunity slips further and further away with each major she doesn't win. Go Vika!

·
Registered
17,762 Posts
i accidentally hit yes. no I think dinara and jj will win a slam before vika. the french possibly.

·
Banned
13,295 Posts
Azarenka will eventually win GS by default , not because she is better than any of them . Remember that the current top 10 is pretty old for tennis standards

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
Do we always have to hype these players...

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Vika is yet to reach a slam QF. I wanna see what she shows at Roland Garros and Wimbledon before predicting her slam wins.

·
Banned
11,141 Posts
Hmm, there's an a priori question that should be asked: Do you think either Azarenka, Kuznetsova, Safina or Jankovic will ever win a slam?

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Azarenka, to me, has more game than those three. I would say, actually, that Jankovic is a better player match to match, but her style of play is almost impossible to take to a slam title in this era.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
I want to see Vika in a QF at least before she is even considered a threat to win a slam. If she can win Miami that would be a big help but she's still very inexperienced in slams and has no experience being deep in a slam.

I think she will need a number of QF's and SF's before she breaks through. It's been a constant theme in Vika's career that she takes a while. Today was her 5th big SF on tour and she's only just got through to her first big final. It took her 5 finals to win a title. I think it will be similar when she goes deep in slams.

So, answering the question, if Vika wins a slam, it will probably not be in the next couple of years at least, so no, all those 3 players mentioned are much likelier to win a slam before she does.

22,716 Posts
Hmm, there's an a priori question that should be asked: Do you think either Azarenka, Kuznetsova, Safina or Jankovic will ever win a slam?
:lol: Poor Sveta.

Vika will win a Slam 100% guaranteed IMO, I'd say JJ will win one before her though.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
I haven't seen anything from Azarenka I didn't see from Dokic seven years ago. Less. Dokic wona couple of Tier I's, and got past the 4th round of slams a couple times. When she was younger than Azarenka is now.

Does the term 'Flavor of the Month' mean anything?

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts
JJ/Elena/Safina are all reeling in confidence, because all 3 of them could have grabbed the #1 ranking during the past 2 majors and Serena, the "over the hill", "uncommitted", "part-time" tennis player simply pushed them out of the way. So now they're figuring out how to rebound.

Vika's a good player, and reminds me a lot of MS/SW when they were 16/17, but like AnnaK said, she has yet to reach a major QF (although Serena won the first major where she reached a QF).

I dunno...I feel like Safina might win a major before Vika, but who knows :shrug:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts